L1: Strange Doings (Erekose13 Judging)

corcio

First Post
ooc- yeah i just forgot to add the + onto the rool i had to edit it. anyways ok well looks like we made it to the farm. thats a start lol.

LiquidBlue

First Post
Contemplating a killed cow.

corcio said:
ooc- im new to all this so how do we handle stuff like skill checks. like search or something
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=712728
+6 for my search check in case you want a roll = 19

Manon carefully searches the dead cow and its environment. He is able to find several more tracks that are similar to the one already found. Interestingly, several of the tracks reveal that the creature must have some sort of claws on the end of the toes, since they bite into the ground.

Looking over the dead cow, it seems to have been ripped for the most part, but Manon finds at least one place where it seems to have been cut by some sort of knife or other cutting edge.

[sblock=Ximix]You recognize that the foot prints, though humanoid in shape, do not belong to any living creature. Rather they belong to the animated skeleton of some dead humanoid. Having made the connection, your hunch is further strengthed by the marks on the cow.[/sblock]

OOC: None of you but Ximix have any ranks in Knowledge skills, and the DC to identify the tracks was higher than ten.

corcio

First Post
""there are some more tracks here" manon points to the ground "i think we should wait to follow them until we speak with tay. "

Ximix

First Post
"WAIT!"Yells Ximix dramatically, stooping down to look at the tracks by the carcass and then those pointed out by Manon.
"We have a problem," the priest says dead-pan, staring off the direction the tracks lead.
Turning to Rich, Ximix stares intently at the man who led them here. "Once again I must entreat you to reveal any knowledge you have, or lead us to your loremaster, for you see these concave marks?" The Elf does not pause to give time for inspections, forging on with his statement, "There is very little of tracking the living that I understand or care to . . . " he lets his words hang for a moment, eyes still blazing the trail that the tracks lead, then turns and looks at the group, "The killer was humanoid, yet not of the living."

[sblock=Ximix's spell list]
Commonly prayed for spells:

Orisons: 3+3

Detect Magic
Light
Mending
Read Magic
Read Magic

First Tier: 1+3+Domain

Cause Fear DC: 14
Command DC: 14
Shield of Faith
Shield of Faith
Knowledge Domain: Detect Secret Doors

[/sblock]

corcio

First Post
"What do you mean by that Ximix? The Undead? I despise the undead, foul creatures." Manon spits on the ground. "damn, guess i wont be needing this." Manon thinks to himself as he conteplates his new sword. "and what else do you know old man, i cant help but think youre not telling us something. I think it would be in your best interest to tell us everything? Have the undead been troubling you? Manon asks the man, still looking around the farm suspiciously.

Last edited:

LiquidBlue

First Post
Dead Cows and Walking Skeletons

Ximix said:
"WAIT!"Yells Ximix dramatically, stooping down to look at the tracks by the carcass and then those pointed out by Manon.
"We have a problem," the priest says dead-pan, staring off the direction the tracks lead.
Turning to Rich, Ximix stares intently at the man who led them here. "Once again I must entreat you to reveal any knowledge you have, or lead us to your loremaster, for you see these concave marks?" The Elf does not pause to give time for inspections, forging on with his statement, "There is very little of tracking the living that I understand or care to . . . " he lets his words hang for a moment, eyes still blazing the trail that the tracks lead, then turns and looks at the group, "The killer was humanoid, yet not of the living."

What? Wait, I don't understand. Undead? Here? We've never had problems with undead before. I mean, the nearest cemetery in is in Orussus, and the clerics there are respondsible for letting the dead maintain their rest. I've not heard of murders or disappearances around here.

corcio said:
"What do you mean by that Ximix? The Undead? I despise the undead, foul creatures." Manon spits on the ground. "and what else do you know old man, i cant help but think youre not telling us something. I think it would be in your best interest to tell us everything? Have the undead been troubling you?" Manon asks the man, still looking around the farm suspiciously.

No really, I don't know what is going on here. There have just been farmers here for at least 50 years. During all that time, I have not heard of wandering skeletons or threats besides the occasional wolf, and the druids help us lives peacefully with our surroundings, so even wolves do not really bother us.

[sblock=Ximix]Thank you for posting the spells Ximix has prepared, please let me know if he ever prepares other spells. Does he prepare spells in the morning as most clerics do?

You do need to change his spells per day. A spellcaster does not gain bonus spells as their ability modifier to their key ability score, but rather according a table. Table: Ability Modifiers and Bonus Spells.

Thus Ximix as a first level cleric with a 16 WIS will have 3 0-level spell and 3 1-level spells (1 by cleric level, 1 bonus spell for a high ability score, and 1 domain spell.)

I also noticed that your point by is a little off. Ability scores from 8 to 14 are bought with points on a one to one basis, raising to 15 and 16 are bought on a two one basis, and 17 and 18 are bought on a three to one basis.

So easy bench marks:

8 - 0 points
10 - 2 points
12 - 4 points
14 - 6 points
16 - 10 points
18 - 16 points
[/sblock]

corcio

First Post
Pausing a moment Manon decides that the man probably wouldnt have anything to gain from lying, turning to Ximix he asks "What kind of monster are we talking about here?"

ooc- where do the tracks lead...off into the forest or still into the farm?

No really, I don't know what is going on here. There have just been farmers here for at least 50 years. During all that time, I have not heard of wandering skeletons or threats besides the occasional wolf, and the druids help us lives peacefully with our surroundings, so even wolves do not really bother us.

"The druids...perhaps we could speak with them later, they might prove to be valuable allies, and i know how much the druids hate the undead! They would not take this lightly!"

Last edited:

LiquidBlue

First Post
Contemplating the marks of the dead

corcio said:
ooc- where do the tracks lead...off into the forest or still into the farm?

The tracks that you have found are localized entirely around the cow, and between the cow and the entrance in the fence your party used to enter the pasture.

corcio

First Post
"perhaps you should lead us to the spot were they found Tay."

ooc - unless someone else wants to chime in again

JonnyFive

First Post
"I think that would be a good idea. Unless Ximix thinks that we should hang around for a bit." Razin comments as he cleans off his weapon and sheaths it.

Remove ads