L1: Strange Doings (Erekose13 Judging)

corcio

First Post
"as i said before, we should burn the carcass. It is most foul. and...unnatural" Manon spits again as he covers his mouth with his arm. waving his dagger at the corpse. Walking away from the body.

ooc - sogram you still around?

Ximix

First Post
JonnyFive said:
"I think that would be a good idea. Unless Ximix thinks that we should hang around for a bit." Razin comments as he cleans off his weapon and sheaths it.

Seemingly lost in thought for a time, Ximix speaks abruptly and directly for a change as he turns his attention back to the body. "I see no benefit of remaining, as to what kind of undead, it must surely have been human or humanoid in life as it wears boots... from there I am at a loss. I would agree that the corpse should be burned, unless any other could learn more from it yet?" Once again his voice drifts away at the end, contemplating the bovine body.

LiquidBlue said:
[sblock=Ximix's Reply in blue]Thank you for posting the spells Ximix has prepared, please let me know if he ever prepares other spells. Does he prepare spells in the morning as most clerics do?

He prays throughout the day, speaking snatches of spells and bits of lore, however his meditation for spells is indeed at first light.

You do need to change his spells per day. A spellcaster does not gain bonus spells as their ability modifier to their key ability score, but rather according a table. Table: Ability Modifiers and Bonus Spells.

Thus Ximix as a first level cleric with a 16 WIS will have 3 0-level spell and 3 1-level spells (1 by cleric level, 1 bonus spell for a high ability score, and 1 domain spell.)

I also noticed that your point by is a little off. Ability scores from 8 to 14 are bought with points on a one to one basis, raising to 15 and 16 are bought on a two one basis, and 17 and 18 are bought on a three to one basis.

So easy bench marks:

8 - 0 points
10 - 2 points
12 - 4 points
14 - 6 points
16 - 10 points
18 - 16 points

Crap. Well, I'll go redo Ximix. Thanks for the heads up... was that a change in 3.0 to 3.5 or did I just make it up somehow?
Crap.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Ximix's <adjusted> spell list]
Commonly prayed for spells:

Orisons: 3

Detect Magic
Light
Mending

First Tier: 1+1+1 Domain

Cause Fear DC: 14
Command DC: 14
Knowledge Domain: Detect Secret Doors

I removed the last spells on the list as per a drained level or equivalent, the last in the list go first. I will be very keen on adjusting my spell selection to be more effective against undead on the morrow.

I would also like to take this time to make a Knowledge:Religion check to see if perhaps I can figure out any clues as to the nature of the undead... something that would kill a cow-yet not eat it's flesh, something that would knock out a human-yet not kill him... very odd.
1d20+5 -> [15,5] = (20) At least that skill works.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

LiquidBlue

First Post
From a cow to a trail

OOC: Ximix there is nothing else that you can identify about the tracks other than what you have to this point, that they were made by humanoid skeletons.

Well now that we know what attacked the cow, we'll take care of the carcuss immediately. If you'll follow me, I'll show you where we found Richard.

Rich leads the group back through the same opening in the fence that you originally entered through. You walk back along the same path for a bit, then turn onto a new path which leads futher into the light forrest. Eventually, Rich stops, the location does not seem any different than the rest of the path that you have passed.

This is where we found Richard. We never found anything here that would give a clue as to what happened. Like I said, he didn't have a mark upon him.

JonnyFive

First Post
"Ah i'll leave that to you, Most of my skills require a forge or a target to hit" Razin will comment as he finds a rock/tree to lean against as he does his best to say out of manon's way.

corcio

First Post
"oh come now just have a look around. i cant look everywhere myself." manon replies to razin but also turns to speak at sogram and ximix.

ooc- unless we find something then id like to go see tay.

JonnyFive

First Post
"Fine, Fine... but dont say i didn't warn ya when i end up messing up some tracks." Razin will reply as he moves away from his tree and begins looking around.

search 12

corcio

First Post
"thanks. im just saying 2 pairs of eyes are better than one." manon smiles and begins scratching his chek with his dagger as he grows weary of searching for tracks or clues.

Last edited:

Ximix

First Post
Ximix stands, impassively, yet his eyes are active, seeking every detail around the reported location of the victim.

OOC: hey what'ya know! Ximix is on a roll, search: 18

LiquidBlue

First Post
6 eyes, 1 trail

Ximix said:
Ximix stands, impassively, yet his eyes are active, seeking every detail around the reported location of the victim.

Letting his eyes scan the area, Ximix starts to pick up on several signs. First he finds a multitude of different sized feet that seemed to have milled around a bit. Presumably made by the people that recovered Richard Tey the night before. Also apparant is a matted and scuffed area, probably the very spot Richard was found collapsed. Interestingly, this spot is not really on the path at all, but almost entirely to one side.

corcio said:
"thanks. im just saying 2 pairs of eyes are better than one." manon smiles and begins scratching his chek with his dagger as he grows weary of searching for tracks or clues.

Manon and Razin quickly begin searching the forrest immediately around the spot Richard was found. Razin finds a discarded quaterstaff, and motions to Manon, while trying to carefully avoid disturbing the site. Looking in the area around the quaterstaff, Manon discovers a patch of the forrest floor where the loose dirt and detritus seems to have been disturbed or dug up.

OOC: I converted Razin seach check to an aid another bonus to Manon search check. Given their conversation, this seems reasonable.

Remove ads