• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

L1: Strange Doings (Erekose13 Judging)

corcio

First Post
"Damn, well that doesn't really help us at all." Manon curses to himself hoping that perhaps the man would have been awake. Taking a look around the room and wondering what ximix was looking at he turns to the woman and asks, "Not to be rude ma'am but is there a spot where we might stay for the night? I believe myself and my companions will be spending a few days here to make sure you dont have any more unpleasant troubles if at all possible." Manon bows courteously to Julia Tey.

ooc - i will of course wait to go to the new places until ximix finds something i suppose

LiquidBlue

First Post
Following the magic aura

Responding to Manon, Julia says, "We certainly have room for you and your companions. We will be happy to both house and feed you for as long as it takes you to resolve this trouble. It is a comfort to know that you will be around in case some sort of trouble occurs."

His expression perhaps further away than normal, Ximix walks out the room. Following the magic aura Ximix comes to a different exterior door than the one they enter. Hanging on a hook next to the door is a length of chain. The detected magic aura is definately coming from the chain.

Ximix

First Post
LiquidBlue said:
. . . His expression perhaps further away than normal, Ximix walks out the room. Following the magic aura Ximix comes to a different exterior door than the one they enter. Hanging on a hook next to the door is a length of chain. The detected magic aura is definately coming from the chain.

Concentrating on the chain, Ximix begins to try to read the nature of the magical aura emanating from it.

[sblock=DM] I copied part of the SRD info for Detect Magic, Ximix will continue to concentrate on the chain until he has garnered as much information from it as he can or the spell expires, whichever comes first.

1st Round
Presence or absence of magical auras.

2nd Round
Number of different magical auras and the power of the most potent aura.

3rd Round
The strength and location of each aura. If the items or creatures bearing the auras are in line of sight, you can make Spellcraft skill checks to determine the school of magic involved in each. (Make one check per aura; DC 15 + spell level, or 15 + half caster level for a nonspell effect.)

Magical areas, multiple types of magic, or strong local magical emanations may distort or conceal weaker auras.

Here are some Spellcraft rolls if useful:16, 7, 15[/sblock]
Once Ximix has determined all he can about the chain, he will return to the women in the other room, "Was the chain by the door being used by Richard when he was . . . found?"

LiquidBlue

First Post
Magic Chain

Ximix said:
Once Ximix has determined all he can about the chain, he will return to the women in the other room, "Was the chain by the door being used by Richard when he was . . . found?"

Rich responds to Ximix's question, "Yes, I guess you have found Richard's survey chain. As far I can tell, he was out using his chain at the time he was, well, struck down?"

OOC: Ximix you find that the aura is a faint one, but you cannot identify the school. Spellcraft is a trained only skill, meaning you can only meet DCs of 10 or lower if you do not have any skill ranks. The DC to identify the aura is at least 15.

Ximix

First Post
A grimace fouls Ximix's normally placid features, but fades quickly... 'I simply must return to my studies, I am far from prepared.'
When the Elf returns to the bedroom he almost seems to be 'tsk-tsk'ing himself...

"I will attempt to use the gifts of Gliran to revive Richard. If it is not successful then it will at least eliminate some possible causes of his most unfortunate state." As he speaks the cleric approaches Richards' prone form and lays his hands upon the mans brow.
His next words are gently lilting, "Fain-kalina Fallanelle*" intones the priest, his hands glowing faintly blue for a brief moment, the light seeming to seep into Richard's resting face. Ximix stares intently at Richard for any sign of change in his condition.
[sblock=*Elvish]release-light little heal[/sblock]

[sblock=DM] Ximix will cast cure minor wounds in place of Light.

Orisons: 3

Detect Magic
Light
Mending

First Tier: 1+1+1 Domain

Cause Fear DC: 14
Command DC: 14
Knowledge Domain: Detect Secret Doors
[/sblock]

LiquidBlue

First Post
In Richard Tey's sick room

Ximix said:
"I will attempt to use the gifts of Gliran to revive Richard. If it is not successful then it will at least eliminate some possible causes of his most unfortunate state." As he speaks the cleric approaches Richards' prone form and lays his hands upon the mans brow.
His next words are gently lilting, "Fain-kalina Fallanelle*" intones the priest, his hands glowing faintly blue for a brief moment, the light seeming to seep into Richard's resting face. Ximix stares intently at Richard for any sign of change in his condition.

As he channels positive energy to heal Richard Tey, Ximix notices that his face becomes almost imperceptively more peaceful.

Seeing Ximix cast the spell, Julia Tey says, "Is he going to be alright. Can you heal him?"

Ximix

First Post
LiquidBlue said:
As he channels positive energy to heal Richard Tey, Ximix notices that his face becomes almost imperceptively more peaceful.

Seeing Ximix cast the spell, Julia Tey says, "Is he going to be alright. Can you heal him?"

The Elf's only response is to immediately close his eyes, speaking again in the strange gentle tongue of his people, 'fain-tyargorga e'a fallanai' his hands again glowing a light blue for a brief moment, the light once again seeping into Richard's face. The cleric stares intently at Richard once again for any sign of change in his condition.

[sblock=*Elvish]release-to cause fear into small heal[/sblock]
[sblock=DM]
Ximix will cast cure light wounds in place of Cause Fear.

Orisons: 3

Detect Magic
Light
Mending

First Tier: 1+1+1 Domain

Cause Fear DC: 14
Command DC: 14
Knowledge Domain: Detect Secret Doors
[/sblock]

LiquidBlue

First Post
Go towards the Light

Ximix said:
The Elf's only response is to immediately close his eyes, speaking again in the strange gentle tongue of his people, 'fain-tyargorga e'a fallanai' his hands again glowing a light blue for a brief moment, the light once again seeping into Richard's face. The cleric stares intently at Richard once again for any sign of change in his condition.

As the light washs over Richard's face, he gives a small jerk or shudder, then immediately relaxes. Julia quickly reaches for his hand and clasps it tightly. Richard gives a soft moan and tries to sit up, but his wife immediatley nudges him bak down.

Richard opens his eyes, and blinks at the light in the room. I feel terrible. It's like my brain is split and each is trying to escape through solid skull. Using his free hand, Richard gingerly probes his head.

Rich speaks up, "Richard what happened to you? You've been unconscious since you were found last night." Rich Gorth then indicates towards the gathered adventures, "This morning I hired these men from Orussus to help us. The Priest healed you."

Richard considers Ximix, then says, "My thanks priest." Then turning back to Rich, continues, "I don't really know what happened, my head feels like it is filled it putrid mush."

"I remember being out, marking a line, then, oh what is it? I am not really sure. I do remember screaming. No, not screaming, it started with voices, many of them, moaning, maybe saying something that I couldn't understand, and then in a moment they all changed, they were shrieking or shouting something."

corcio

First Post
"you heard vocies?" manon chimes in seeing the man awake and studying him. "do you remember seeing anything else out there?"

Remove ads