L4W Discussion Thread V

Son of Meepo

First Post
There are no judges to ask for this advance, but I have been running A Call for Lovers for over a year now as of the 10th of May, so I would have 12 Credits minimum once the adventure ends (which may not be for another 6 months or more).

You get 2 credits per month, so as of May 10, you'd have earned 24 credits.

WEContact

First Post
Yesss I got my offline compendium and builder up and running on my new computer, so I can start approving characters again if that's a thing we still do.

jbear

First Post
Okay, 24 credits is better :)

As for approving, didn´t we decide that DMs in each adventure would basically check out their players PCs and approve them?

Or did we never reach a consensus?

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Question: Is there a cost to change an enchantment from a normal implement to a superior implement?
OOC: You can buy superior unenchanted implement for 20gp and transfer enchantment for 25gp. Unless of course there is some reference in superior implements that you simply start using your own as superior :)

Neil1889

First Post
OOC: You can buy superior unenchanted implement for 20gp and transfer enchantment for 25gp. Unless of course there is some reference in superior implements that you simply start using your own as superior :)

Could you give me some pointer to where that is in the rules (or errata), please?

Son of Meepo

First Post
[sblock=Transfer Enchantment][h=1]Transfer Enchantment[/h]With great care and concentration, you carefully strip magical power from one object to imbue it in another.
Component Cost: 25 gp
Market Price: 175 gp
Key Skill: Arcana (no check)Level: 4
Category: Creation
Time: 1 hour
Duration: Permanent

You transfer the magical qualities (properties, powers, and enhancement bonus) of an enchanted item into another object. You must maintain physical contact with both items for the duration of the ritual. The receiving item must occupy the same magic item slot (head, waist, armor, and so on) and be the same type (wand, rod, weapon, and so on) as the original item. The enchantment to be moved must be valid for the receiving item, so that you cannot transfer ranged weapon properties to melee weapons, cloth-only armor properties to chainmail, and so on.
You can transfer an enchantment to an item that already contains a lower-level enchantment, but the receiving item’s previous magic is lost. For example, the enhancement bonus and power of a suit of +1 barkskin hide (5th level) could be placed into a suit of +1 curseforged scale (3rd level), but the scale armor’s existing power is lost in doing so. You cannot transfer an enchantment to an item that already has a higher-level enchantment.

[/sblock]

A superior implement can be enchanted with all the same properties as a normal implement, thus Transfer Enchantment would allow you to move the magic from one to the other.

Remove ads