• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Lakelands] Six For Adventure

maddmic

Explorer
Kregor leads them to the hole in the ground and looks to the others. "I shall prepare myself before entering."

OOC:
He casts protection from evil on himself as well as resistance and bless. If the others would like the same, he will cast protection and resistance on them as well.

Also, since it looks as though Toric and I as the only ones left, should we re-open recruiting?

OOC: Sorry for not posting! I was waiting for an email notification of activity in this thread which was evidently missed/accidentally deleted.

Edit: Actually, I suspect something was wrong with this site's email notification mechanism; I highly doubt I missed 6 emails (I received maddmic's last one)! I'll visit this thread periodically to make sure I don't miss any more. Apologies again.

Last edited:

Horsom, having returned to the miller's house and fully equipped himself, braced himself to receive Gragnor's blessing. Having two priests along on this exploration went a long way to allaying Horsom's uneasiness about disturbing the ancient ghosts of this tomb.

maddmic

Explorer
OOC:
Sorry to say, but I believe that I'm going to have to drop this game. I'm back in school now and I have a lot more on my plate now with my new job.

Raven Crowking

First Post
In the muddy ground around the hole, there were obvious signs of soft-booted feet. Someone had kindly left a ladder in the entranceway, making it somewhat easier to get into the barrow beneath the old mill, but it seemed clear that a certain number of copper ornaments and amber beads had found their way into the village.

Raven Crowking

First Post
maddmic said:
OOC:
Sorry to say, but I believe that I'm going to have to drop this game. I'm back in school now and I have a lot more on my plate now with my new job.

OOC: Obviously, do what you need to do. Good luck with school & work!

Raven Crowking

First Post
"My fear is that the ladder was left because they did not return," said Father Evers. "You must remember, Horsom, how little these folk have. Even a portion of what lies below would have great meaning in their lives, and be worthy of great risk."

He followed Horsom down the ladder.

Horsom paused at the foot of the ladder after making way for the others and drew his axe and everburning torch. He was still blushing at Father Evers reproach and the uncharitableness of his thoughts. He apologised to the others before casting a sharp eye around the tomb, alert for danger.

Raven Crowking

First Post
In the main room of the barrow, the long-dead corpses have been moved to one side in a jumble of bones -- these have begun to sprout tiny grey and purple mushrooms, and to take on a blackish appearance due to mould. Someone (or someones) has emptied several of the pottery urns....none too softly, either, for two lie broken upon the floor. Copper trinkets and amber beads were clearly sifted through, but it is unclear whether or not anything was actually taken. There is no sign of anyone here now.

Remove ads