• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Land of the Dead

Kesh

First Post
Surprised no one has mentioned this. I only found out about it last night, and it's out June 24th!

George Romero is creating a new movie in his zombie series, which began with Night of the Walking Dead, continued with Dawn of the Dead and gave us Day of the Dead. Land of the Dead is his new film in the series, and it debuts this month.

Catch the trailer here.

Darthjaye

First Post
In reference to the Steyr AUG, I would assume they gathered people and probably equipment from across the globe . Stragglers from other nations (and their armies) is not a far reach for them. As for the trailer, yeah saw it a few months ago, but read about it the middle of last year. It has a great review up at AICN so go over there and check it out. Also, the movie was moved up from it's original release date in October, so I hope that's a good sign. They said it only cost 15 million to make. Hope the budget isn't indicative of it's quality. Warning about the review at AICN; it does have minor spoilers, but it does explain the plot a lot better.

Kanegrundar

Explorer
I read an early script for LotD. While there are some neat ideas, there are some goofy scenes as the script was written. Based on the few scenes I recognized from the trailers, it doesn't look like script saw much change before filming. I'll watch it because I'm a zombie apocalypse nut, but I don't think it's going to be better than Night of the... or Dawn of the.

Kane

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
On the other hand, saying a film isn't as good as Night or Dawn is a long way from saying it's bad. Those are two GREAT films. Even if Land isn't as good as they, it could still be pretty cool.

I'm worried, myself, but we'll see. More zombies is always good.

Kanegrundar

Explorer
I agree totally. I'll watch it just because it's a new zombie flick and it ought to give me plenty of ideas to use in game. I'm just a little cautious about getting my hopes up too much.

Kane

KaosDevice

Explorer
I've got the whole cautious optimisim thing going on. I'm just looking forward to trying to spot the zombie cameos by the Shaun of the Dead guys.

Kanegrundar

Explorer
KaosDevice said:
I've got the whole cautious optimisim thing going on. I'm just looking forward to trying to spot the zombie cameos by the Shaun of the Dead guys.
The guys from Shaun of the Dead are going to be in LotD? Cool. I hadn't heard that little bit of information.

Kane

Remove ads