Last Stand of the Dorinthians (Chapter 3 - The Imperials)

GlassEye

Adventurer
Point of Clarification: Silas would not have mentioned to Hector that Fineas wanted to become Silas' student. His request would have been worded such that he (Silas) was in need of a skilled student (like Fineas) to help him prepare for the upcoming journey. If Hector already knows (or Silas is so transparant that Hector figures it out) then Silas will admit that Fineas asked but that he refused him.

When Silas offers the kobold spellbook, he'll comment that most of the spells within are beyond his capability to cast and that he hopes they will be usable to Hector. When Hector accepts the deal Silas gets very excited and can barely wait to get home and get to work. He quickly and enthusiastically shakes Hector's hand and departs unless Hector has more to add.

From the Ruffian stash, Silas will take 2 large sacks (to use as saddlebags), a coil of rope, the grapple, a small bundle of torches (4), a lantern, 2 flasks of oil, a tanglefoot bag, a mirror, a vial of ink, and the paper. Most of this stuff he'll keep in the sacks on the horse but the paper he'll put into his scrollcase for safety and the vial of ink he'll secure in his backpack.

[sblock=OOC]Please let me know if Silas has any time (and how much) he can commit to copying his new spells from scrolls to his spellbook.[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Silas
[sblock]
OOC: He can get all of them, with your new assistant's help. Sorry for the confusion. Let's just say that the boy is on loan from Hector for now to assist you.
[/sblock]

D20Dazza

Explorer
Accepting the offer of free equipment graciously Kel ensure that he has 50 arrows in his quivers, takes some Trail Rations and Hard Biscuits, a lantern and tinderbox, two flasks of oil, a small sack, a mirror and a tanglefoot bag.

OOC:What time of day is it when we're making our decision? Does anyone in our 'troop' know of any dangers on either route? As we've been marching presumably we've been setting up a command tent each night and hatching battle plans, as well as interogating those of our men that might know of the dangers on each route etc.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
It's the middle of the morning by the time you leave, although your party was ready earlier. It seems that the town wanted to wish you good luck and see your small army off.

From what you are hearing from the men, the quick route has little water along it, and unless you have a means for finding or creating some for more than a hundred men, you may want to take the route along the river instead.

D20Dazza

Explorer
"Well comrades" Kel says companionably "From what the men say we should be taking the river route, and, personally, I agree with them. It's just a pity we can't organise some sort of river transport to speed things up. Anyone know anything about the river?" Kel asks at one of their rest stops.

OOC: The men are on foot? We're the only ones mounted?

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: The men are on foot, although there are a few mules being used as pack animals. They aren't really organized, and march out in a disorganized column.

GlassEye

Adventurer
OOC: Are there any leaders other than our characters?

Silas is opposed to bringing men from the village. After his experience in the army he feels that they will only serve to slow them down and likely die at the hands of the empire's troops. However, he'll only mention his objections to Dartis and only one time. After it becomes clear the men will be coming along Silas will do his best to aid the progress in any way that he can.

Silas is displeased with the disorganization of march and will bring the subject up with Dartis and his other companions. He'll suggest letting the men go by the river way and the small group of his companions go by the plains route in order to scout things out beforehand. He doesn't expect this suggestion to be taken and will also suggest that the men be broken up into smaller groups with each of the party directing one of the small groups in the hopes of speeding up the march. He'll also suggest that Alexander and Rix and possibly some of the more woodsy of the men spend time scouting ahead for dangers and potential campsites.

Fenris

Adventurer
GlassEye said:
OOC: Are there any leaders other than our characters?

Silas is opposed to bringing men from the village. After his experience in the army he feels that they will only serve to slow them down and likely die at the hands of the empire's troops. However, he'll only mention his objections to Dartis and only one time. After it becomes clear the men will be coming along Silas will do his best to aid the progress in any way that he can.

Silas is displeased with the disorganization of march and will bring the subject up with Dartis and his other companions. He'll suggest letting the men go by the river way and the small group of his companions go by the plains route in order to scout things out beforehand. He doesn't expect this suggestion to be taken and will also suggest that the men be broken up into smaller groups with each of the party directing one of the small groups in the hopes of speeding up the march. He'll also suggest that Alexander and Rix and possibly some of the more woodsy of the men spend time scouting ahead for dangers and potential campsites.

"I understand your concerns Silas, but please remember that we are still at war. It is our people who we are going to save. I took no one who did not volunteer, and we must respect the right and duty of these men to defend their homeland and avenge their losses. Now the key will be to use our forces well. We need a keen mind to plan the best way to maximize our forces." says Dartis clasping Silas on the shoulder. "So give this some thought. I had a fancy to raid their supply wagons in the rear of their column, cut off their seige and force at least some to retire from it. Bu put your mind to this task Silas, that will both distract you from your displeasure and make the march go faster for you, Counsellor Silas." adds Dartis with a smile.

OOC: The river path it is. I agree that Alexander, Rix and whomever among the men as are capabale should scout ahead. Along the march Dartis will break the men up into 10 groups and put one of the veterans in charge of each group. Dartis and Kel (and Silas if he's not thinking too much ;) ) can then ride vedette as well as try to keep the men organized, moving and focused.

GlassEye

Adventurer
"There is not a day that passes that I do not worry what will happen when the empire turns its forces to stamping us out completely. I would do anything to stop that from happening and I forgot that these men and women would do no less. Thank you for reminding me of that, Lord Kalnian. I'll think further on what you've said and if you have any other task for me, I'll undertake it gladly."

Remove ads