• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Last Stand of the Dorinthians (Final Chapter)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Dartis and Eroll move first, taking everyone by surprise. Dartis is able to tackle one of the elves holding a sack of the party's weapons before the man can react while Eroll picks up a large rock and savagely cracks open the skull of the second one.

Sanmar whispers something and motions towards the remaining elves with sweeping gestures from both hands, and four moan and collapse to the ground (one of which is the elf Dartis was struggling with). The battle furthers soon after, despite Sanmar's disappointment that he only collapsed half his targets.

Ulavree outright slays one elf with a bolt of force that erupts from her outstretched hand, while Caramip catches another with a crossbow bolt. Dartis and Eroll arm themselves with the spilt contents of the sacks while Silas watches on in shocked disbelief, the nobleman firing an arrow, but missing.

The two remaining elves return fire with badly aimed shots, the leader of the falling band sputtering, "But... we had a truce...!" This only seems to make Ulavree cackle as Sanmar throws a knife and kills the companion next to him.

Ulavree finishes off the leader with three magical missiles that form around her. She seems to toy with him somewhat, as one bolt rips into each of his arms until the last unerring force bolt crushes his windpipe. The woman watches him for awhile as he struggles, then dies. "A fine choice, Dartis. I haven't had that much fun in quite awhile." She moves towards the unconscious elves, her blade drawn while the rest of the party goes and gathers their equipment from the sacks.

Caramip asks impassionately, "It should be a short trip now to the elven city. Which building do you wish for us to approach, the Tower of the Magi or the Elven Council?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
Silas is trembling with frustration and anger when he confronts Dartis. "I never knew you to be a fool before today, Lord Kalnian. You may blithely discard your own word but to think you have the authority to lay aside my oath? That belongs to me and Matrial alone." He whirls, snatches up his quarterstaff, and stalks into the forest.

Fenris

Adventurer
Ulavree winks at Dartis and says as she kneels to work on the first unconscious elf, "Don't let him get to you. He never did listen to sound advice."

Dartis grabs Ularvee by the back of her garments and hauls her off the elf.

He savagely rebukes her "We are here to save humanity, not find play things for you. This is war to me, and I regret killing anyone, but these are prisoners now and I will not suffer them to be killed. And you shall not besmirch the character of Silas in my presence, or by the Rider I shall fill you as full of arrows as I did your harpies!"

And Dartis storms off after Silas.

OOC: Glasseye, man I have to say that was a harsh post, I felt so bad after reading it. And that's why Dartis and Silas are awesome together.

DT: Give Glass a RP bonus. He's earned one!

GlassEye

Adventurer
Silas blindly pushes through the woods away from the group. Limbs slap at his face and body but he hardly notices. Soon, however, he realizes that in his upset he has lost his direction. He stops and slumps in a weariness of emotional exhaustion. Slowly he turns around to make his way back to his friend and is only a little surprised to find that he has been followed. "Dartis, I... I am sorry." With the heel of his hand Silas wipes away the water that has filled his eyes. He briefly closes his eyes to try and summon up that tranquility he felt when with Matrial. He breathes deep, opens his eyes and locks them with Dartis'.

OOC: Glasseye, man I have to say that was a harsh post, I felt so bad after reading it. And that's why Dartis and Silas are awesome together.

OOC: I apologize for its harshness. I knew it was rough and I was a little worried about how you would take it. I hope you weren't too bothered by it. I have very much enjoyed interactions between Dartis and Silas.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The two Dorinthians seek to find the words of apology when Dartis detects the sound of a branch snapping behind him. Both look to see the silhouette of a thin woman under the shadows of two dead trees thirty feet away, her eyes flashing as two dark orbs. "I have tolerated you two disobedient children because I need Dorinthians now more than ever. But you have shown yourselves to be unworthy of my care and insolent. It is time to end this charade. There will be other Dorinthians, although perhaps not with the promise you had..."

The ground seems to move and slide against your ankles. As you look down you see that there are numerous snakes twirling around your legs and creating an obstacle between yourselves and Ulavree. She begins to chant as the snakes writhe more intensly.

Fenris

Adventurer
OOC: I apologize for its harshness. I knew it was rough and I was a little worried about how you would take it. I hope you weren't too bothered by it. I have very much enjoyed interactions between Dartis and Silas.

OOC: Nah, the harshness was great. I think it just shows how much we have put into Dartis and Silas that it affects us that way.

Dartis looks carefully at Ularvee.

"Silas, go. Finish what we have come here to do. Save our people."

Dartis turns to face Ularvee coldly.

"So it comes to this. I knew you to be evil, I didn't realize that you were petty and spiteful as well. What, a few of your precious Dorinthians have the nerve to stand up to you, not let you bully them into evil acts and you have a temper tantrum? You need Dorinthians more than they need you. I never invited you along. Sanmar and Eroll fought by my side, for my side. You, you have done nothing for me. Your sound advice is the seductive call of the easy path, the evil path. I will not choose it.

You are stupid enough now to stop me to delay me? You say you need Dorinthians, well your delay here ensures that there will be no more Dorinthians. With the promise we had or no, they will be gone, and with it your power. No more sweet, delicious hearts of men for you, all men will be gone. And then you shall be left alone, impotent and powerless. Is that what you seek? You own destruction?

I have faced Banbosel, I have face the Lord of the Mountain, the Geomancer. Your little parlour tricks do not scare me. You have no power over me and that is the most frightening thing to you, that I do not cower before the great Ularvee.

I serve my people, and that is whom I am trying to save. Even if that means saving them so that a few may still fall prey to you. I will carry on.

I will not allow you to stop me, to destroy my people. It will not happen. I warned you and you threatened me. Poor Eroll, smitten with an idiot. A vain, shallow, seductress of evil who can even advance her own agenda.

I am finishing what I started, what I came here to do, to save my people. If you try to stop me, to interfere with me or sabatoge my goal, then by the Rider I swear that I shall destroy you. This is my peoples last chance, last hope, and if you are so selfish and dense that you cannot see that or what it means to you, then go back to the dark recesses you inhabit for a few thousand years. But do not cast your shadow here any longer, the Rider shall banish it."

Dartis backs away, drawing his bow.
Rider, I have not finished the task you have set before me. I am willing to continue, but please let me see the end of the path before I join my fathers. he offers in silent prayer to the Rider.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Ulavree doesn't respond with words, but instead she finishes her chant and a light shimmering field seems to surround her. You hear a twisted cackle.

Silas
[sblock]
She just cast a shield spell. Also, her skin looks unnatural as if there is another form of magic protecting her.
[/sblock]

The snakes writhe even faster, and two make an unsuccessful bid to bury their fangs into Dartis. It would seem a fight is inevitable.

OOC: Waiting for Silas' action before we continue.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Silas turns away at Dartis' command but then turns back. "Sorry, Dartis. Separately she may defeat us both; but together?" He grins and flips a snake off his boot. "I'm willing to let her try. Besides, I've had a profound need to smash something for a very long time." He takes a step back (hopefully out of the jumble of snakes), thuds the end of his quarterstaff solidly onto the earth at his feet, and casts Dispel Magic.

OOC:
5 foot step
standard action: targeted Dispel Magic on Ulavree (check:1d20+6)
Note: Concentration +11 (in case of successful AoO)

Remove ads