• Halfling

Votes: 18 5.7%
  • Human

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Tiefling

Votes: 35 11.1%

Shadeydm

First Post
I voted Dragonborn, with Tieflings close behind. The sad part is I don't think my dislike is based as much on the races themselves but more about the combination of horrid fluff and having them in the PHB instead of the MM where they belong.

I assumed in the beginning that this was about Core 4E, and thus chose Half-Elf. I just don't like that race much. There are just too many Elves races around, all ready.

Though, at least I see a clearer niche for them then for Gnomes, so I would have voted Gnome if I didn't base my assumptions on 4E.

Doug McCrae

Legend
Gnomes, half-elves, half-orcs. Gnomes are boring and lack a clear schtick. Half-elves do have a clear schtick - caught between two worlds - but it's a weak, uninteresting concept. Half-orcs are unnecessary these days, they might as well be orcs as the requirement to be able to pass for human is long gone given that there are demon-men and dragon-men walking around town.

Bump2daWiza

First Post
Dragonborn and Teiflings for me. I like the Eladrin (subraces are always welcome!). I think it would have been more cool if they tossed the Ts and the Ds and brought in more subraces instead. Also, I want my gnomes back!

howandwhy99

Adventurer
Tiefling.

Any race that was "born from evil" has no place in my game.

I need options that encourage everyone to work together as a team. Not ones that suggest being a jerk to other PCs is part of their heritage.

Morandir Nailo

First Post
I've never been a big fan of Half-elves or Half-orcs, though I don't hate them. Dwarves, Elves, Halflings, and Humans are the classic four (and of course the big Tolkien races, though half-elves and half-orcs are too), and don't bother me at all. I agree with others on Gnomes - I could do without them. The "tinker gnome" concept really annoys the crap out of me.

But man, do I hate Dragonborn. Hate hate hate them. "Ooh look, dragon-people!" Bah. Seriously, WotC's dragon fetish is starting to worry me a little. In my games they're not an available race, though I'm considering using their stats for Half-dragons should the need ever arise.

And while I like Tieflings as a concept, I don't like 4e Tieflings (tails?!?); they should have been in the MM (or better yet, only in the FR books, where Planetouched are a much more common concept). What I really want to know is, if there are Tieflings, where are the Aasimar?? I find it odd that an addition which really pushes the "good guys" concept fails to include Aasimar; they balance with Tieflings, and their traditional stats (i.e. the Cha bonus) make them good Paladins, just like those stupid Dragonborn. Confusing, I tell ya.

Mor

Drowbane

First Post
3.5er here

Voted: Half elf. Half orc and gnome would've been voted for also had it been multiple choice.

Last edited:

Remove ads