• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Least Favorite (Core) D&D Race

What is your least favorite D&D race?

• Dragonborn

Votes: 71 22.6%
  • Drow

Votes: 35 11.1%
  • Dwarf

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Eladrin

Votes: 14 4.5%
  • Elf

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Gnome

Votes: 60 19.1%
  • Half-Elf

Votes: 40 12.7%
  • Half-Orc

Votes: 29 9.2%
  • Halfling

Votes: 18 5.7%
  • Human

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Tiefling

Votes: 35 11.1%

Mercurius

Legend
There's been some talk about race hatred (yikes!) on this board so I thought we could do a poll to figure out who is most hated, or rather least liked. A Poll is on its way (forgive me if I don't include your favorite obscure race--I'm trying to stick to the "core" ones, although added Drow for good measure).

MrApothecary

First Post
I don't like half-orcs. I don't know why, I've just never played one. The fact that orcs can mate (or, as is the case with most half-orcs unfortunately, rape) with humans, and aren't genetically close to them like elves or are naturally magically fertile like dragons or outsiders. Yes, I know, science, but frankly I don't care what happens to the catgirls.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Gnomes. I don't hate 'em really, they just always seemed either silly or useless depending upon what D&D reiterration you were looking at. D&D 3x did them best, but it was too little, too late, for me.

WarlockLord

First Post
I hate dragonborn. If you hate the implications of half orcs....

Giant winged lizard mating with human? WTF? What would attract them? Humans and orcs I can see, but this?

Plus I hated the "Dragons pwn lolz" 3.5 supplements.

I hate dragonborn. If you hate the implications of half orcs....

Giant winged lizard mating with human? WTF? What would attract them? Humans and orcs I can see, but this?
What? I thought they were a race of draconic beings, not half-dragons. Unless there's something in that ecology article I missed, I believe you're just wrong that they're half-dragons.

Mercurius

Legend
Gnomes. I don't hate 'em really, they just always seemed either silly or useless depending upon what D&D reiterration you were looking at. D&D 3x did them best, but it was too little, too late, for me.

That's basically my feeling. It seems gnomes don't have as strong of an "archetypal presence" as the other classic races. And, when it comes down to it, they are the race that I would least like to role-play as a character.

Reneshat

First Post
I hate the idea of demon people. They should be monsters to slay and loot, not party members. So Tieflings barely beat out my other hated race of Drow.

Remove ads