LEB Discussion Thread '10 Pt 2

renau1g

First Post
I concur with Luinnar, my L4W mage (Ashir) has a summon monster spell but it's only 1/day (I could trade Flaming Sphere, but I love that spell) for another, but still only 2/day. Now in PbP once you get to 9th, there are not too many times there are more than 3 encoutners in a given day so you likely could have a summoned creature most fights (incl. the level 8 utility summon)

One thing to note is that since MM3 monsters are badass and their damage is way higher than before. Over in Paper Chase a level 6 artillery nearly one-shotted the summoned magma beast from Mythra.

Luinnar

First Post
I've heard that the Sentinel using old-school Druid summoning dailies has a strong summoner feel, with the advantage of always having a companion of some sort rather than having to rely on the dailies to be up. Some reflavoring would be required, though, to get the demonic flavor back.
Yeah Sentinel have a animal companion that can be re-summoned at-will using a healing surge. They don't get encounter powers (just a set one that does tons of damage) and don't get wild shape through.

twilsemail

First Post
Like I said, I've got a bit before I can actually bring in another PC. I can probably easily hold off until mid-April.

I haven't really gone through HotFK all that much. I'll have to go look over the book when I'm home. I've figured, since it's release, that if I saw a Sentinel on the table, Raion would be playing it.

I was eyeing wizard mostly because of the Careful Summoner feat and their summons from... I think it was Dragon 385.

I was looking at the idea of a Genasi Pyromancer with Elemental Empowerment. Looking at the character some more, I might want to invest more heavily in Con than I was planning. HPs are important.

Alright, off to dig up what I can about the sentinel druid.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Since I am working on getting an adventure approved, I have a question about the recruiting process. The Campaign guide indicates that we should attempt to choose players that do not have characters in other adventure. How do we tell? Is there a list somewhere, or should we rely on the players to make this known when expressing interest.

Thanks

twilsemail

First Post
Players are usually pretty open about if they have characters in another adventure and generally willing to step aside to let others into a recruiting adventure if they've already got someone out there.

I think only you, Almightyfoon and Farce do not have other adventuring PCs. BloodPrincess is, as you can see in the post above you, about to bring in her first PC.

renau1g

First Post
Players are usually pretty open about if they have characters in another adventure and generally willing to step aside to let others into a recruiting adventure if they've already got someone out there.

I think only you, Almightyfoon and Farce do not have other adventuring PCs. BloodPrincess is, as you can see in the post above you, about to bring in her first PC.

I believe you are correct on that one. I also have an adventure in the review queue with an opening for 1 or maybe 2 PC's....

I heard the Executioner from Dragon has been reduced to preview status. Does this mean he isn't allowed until one month after HoS?

That is correct. Glad you got some good value from the December Dragon mag eh? ;)

twilsemail

First Post
I believe you are correct on that one. I also have an adventure in the review queue with an opening for 1 or maybe 2 PC's....

That would be us, neh?

If anyone is interested in an unaligned mercenary adventure, the turncoats from Cannith Caper could use some friends (or employees).

For anyone not following all of the adventures at the same time (shame on you) a few PCs decided to side with the monsters in Cannith Caper. They're now riding off on the back of a warforged dragon looking to see how they can affect the world.

The PCs themselves aren't evil, they just decided the standard adventuring life wasn't for them and saw this as a splendid opportunity for some fun work.

You only live once, neh? (there are currently no Deva in the party)

That is correct. Glad you got some good value from the December Dragon mag eh? ;)

You know what we really needed for the Executioner? A third playtest article... Man am I glad we got that one.

Son of Meepo

First Post
That would be us, neh?

If anyone is interested in an unaligned mercenary adventure, the turncoats from Cannith Caper could use some friends (or employees).

Well, when not contemplating how to kill aberrations, Lucien is pretty much a merc out of necessity. He's only level 4 and hasn't actually been approved yet however.

Remove ads