LEB Discussion Thread '10 Pt 2

Walking Dad

First Post
Speaking of the new Druid, I love what I've seen so far. Back to being a leader, fun pet, encounter seems fun (though it might get boring after awhile). I always missed the 3E druid, now it is back in a way.
Don't like it. Druid was never leader, but a divine caster. Didn't liked animal companions in 3.X. Will miss the shapeshifter class support. Always liked the Shapeshifter alternative in PH2 for 3.5. Looses animal companion and wildshape for at will shapeshift.

renau1g

First Post
16th level Cleric power out of Divine Power.

Encounter power: Each target (i.e. ally) gains temporary hit points equal to his or her healing surge value. Temporary hit points do not reset until a rest. So, use the power after each rest.

If the 16th level PCs have 100 average hit points (a bit low) and there are 5 PCs including the Cleric, then that's 100 free temporary hit points per encounter. 5 Encounters = 500 extra temporary hit points. At level 30, that could easily be 170 or more temporary hit points per encounter or over 1000 temporary hit points if the day has 6 encounters.

The same 16th level Cure Critical Wounds would be ~75 hit points per day at level 16, not 500.

Ah yes...that one should be changed. I guess they thought the standard action cast time was a check, but really even if it was limited to in-combat casting most/all of the cleric attack powers will do less than 100 damage, so it was still be far better to cast this as his first action every time.

ryryguy

First Post
Sorry, I've been out of action for a few days and will be for a few more. It's like a perfect storm: the Eye of Sauron is upon me at work (and has kept me late the last few nights), and it's my anniversary tonight with related activities through tomorrow. I hope to be posting again on Sunday. Please NPC any of my characters who may be holding things up.

Thanks!

raion

First Post
Don't like it. Druid was never leader, but a divine caster. Didn't liked animal companions in 3.X. Will miss the shapeshifter class support. Always liked the Shapeshifter alternative in PH2 for 3.5. Looses animal companion and wildshape for at will shapeshift.

Meanwhile I was always a fan of the 2e druid, which the 3e shapeshifters were a massive departure from. Finally back to being able to read a druid class description without getting upset at the nerfed class.. wouldn't have minded if they'd just changed the name.

Classic druid was a leader/controller, with the capability to focus in either direction, or even towards striker (i loved my stabby druid.. he was so angry).. though their versatility suffered with such focus. They were never as capable as a pure whatever, but they made for great roleplay, so I never cared.

Walking Dad

First Post
Which is the 'classic' druid? 2e? He got shapeshifting here, it was only even less defined than in 3.x.

The 3.x druid was a very capable class and a great controller and striker. Where did you find him lacking vs. the 'pure whatever'?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases