Legacy of Death Part VII: Little Granny knows Hades

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Maybe Buckthorn got to the bowl before Ivan...or he is also going crazy (the "closet" is being seeing by Nar through magic. Halflings, and rangers, are traditionally curious about this sort of scrying--rangers could do it in past editions--but there are limits).

Ivan scratches his head.

*Oh, how did I come back here? I came here through the cellar, I saw your marking, how did I get there? From the Wine cellar? I can always find my way there. But there are so many ways...*

He sits with a 'thinking' look on his little face.

*I came a way that avoided being seen, and the dangerous room!*

hiccup

Jin Abackis

Explorer
Ivan, don’t hurt yourself thinking too hard. We will start by going back to the cellar. We will than take the spiral stair case back to (I believe) the star room with the cross in the floor. The door with the wizard lock in that room leads to Natasha’s rooms. Is Elena’s room near Natasha's room?

Jin Abackis

Explorer
Thanks Ivan for remembering that important message. You are a very helpful rodent. Forge is always getting into mischief and needs constant supervision. Ivan when you spoke to Forge did he say anything else like who put him in prison? Also are there any guards? Do you think Elena could help if there are any obstinate prison guards?

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
*Big scary guard!*

*I don't know why he is there, but Elena said there might be trouble, I should go get her.*

He starts to leave, quickly.

Buckthorn

First Post
"I wonder if the "slithering" and the "big scary guard" our friend Ivan is referring to is the Dragon?" Either way, perhaps we should head back to the cellar. That seems a logical place where a prison might be. We had scouted the cellar pretty well, but there is no end to the damnable crooks and crannies in this strange place." Buckthorn suggests heading back to the cellar, to the wine room, following the stairs down to the bone room, and then heading across the bone room to the hall where the dragon is.

"Perhaps we could look for a secret door off that large hall where the dragon is?"

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Nar uses his elf speed to quickly catch up.

Warlord: "I was really starting to wonder", he moves at his slightly slower "high elf" speed, but pretty fast given his great age.

*Isn't that what I was doing?*

Shakes his head.

He promptly leads you back to the the armor museum and directly to the wine cellar from there.

*Now which way?*

That look again, as he wanders around a bit

*That way goes to the cellar, that way goes where we just came from, that way goes to the dangerous place.*

Stops

*Hmm, that would be dangerous...but...hmm....and I didn't go that way this time!*

*And there are the stables with the bad horses. And the two stairwells*

Suddenly, he stops at a little cup of coffee (known in the City of Brass--a major trade good--drank in rarefied circles in Watercross, but not exactly the awful stuff called that in Gamma World) that is sitting on a shelf. He carefully sniffs it, then starts lapping it down.

Jin Abackis

Explorer
Ivan, I see you are a connoisseur of varied tastes. In the City of Brass, coffee is preferred strong and thick - demitasse. It’s said to raise awareness and heighten the senses. While time is of the essence, a cup of java may help bring clarity to the situation. Do you have another cup?

Remove ads