Legacy of Death Part VII: Little Granny knows Hades

Jin Abackis

Explorer
While the warlord is winking at the wizard, Ivan do you know if any of these doors leads to the kitchen. Guards are usually bored and/or hungry. When they are hungry, they may visit the kitchen so the kitchen staff may know where the prison is located.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
*Of course its that door. Why are you asking?*

*Are you drunk? I thought I was the only one that was drunk.*

Stops and thinks.

*But that would explain. Hmm.*

*What I just said, in case you could listen, is that we can take that room to the prison. That is what I just said. *

But then we would run into others in the kitchen. Now, as I am drunk, its hard for me to remember, but I think I went someway where I did not encounter anyone after the prison.

*At least not until I found you.*

*Now you should sober up, and figure out what you are doing.*

*That dwarf, Fred I think, has been there a long time!*

Jin Abackis

Explorer
Simorai says a silent prayer to Pathar to have pity on the ancient warlord. He appears to have led a meaningless life with nothing to show for it besides cynicism which is now rubbing off on others.
Maybe we should review our options:
1) Continue to follow Ivan who may eventually remember the path to the prison;
2) Explore the hut at our own discretion and hope to find the prison or Elena; or
3) Take the one known (or believed) path to the prison via the kitchen (granted this may require a fight).
If there are other options speak up. Warlord you are not your gregarious self lately. Have you been silently crafting an ingenious plan to save the dwarf or just lost your tongue in one of the bottles stuffed in your robes.
In any event, Simorai believes Forge would choose the fight/known path so Simorai recommends option 3.
While the group stares silently at each other considering the next course of action, if there is time; Simorai takes a short rest, takes a sip of wine from the cellar (for meditational purposes) and uses two HS to get back to full HP.

Jin Abackis

Explorer
I welcome another good one.
Not yet. But Simorai looks at Ivan and thinks, why are we following a drunken, forgetful, rat that we just met? Simorai recalls a proverb of Pathar: “There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.” The road to the prison stands before us, why go back now? (but he keeps these gratuitous thoughts to himself).

Buckthorn

First Post
We looked for secret doors in this room right? Buckthorn will take another look, looking for any secret doors off the dining hall. (Perception 27). If none, then:

"Perhaps there is another option, but if so I cannot think of it. I agree with Simorai; I say lets open the door to the kitchen and try to find the prison that way since that seems to be at least a way to get to the prison and wandering around following Ivan or exploring on our own seem to be equally fruitless."

If Buckthorn
finds no secret doors; he will follow Simorai through kitchen.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Where are you searching? Refer to the map above.

Ivan watches Buckthorn start to randomly inspect the walls. He softly thinks to himself (which you hear in your heads).

*You really are drunk*

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
In the Witching Hour

How long have you been standing there?

Really, how long? It seemed like minutes. Not now.

How long coming up with options? How long has Buckthorn been slowly tapping walls?

The cat suddenly starts hissing at the mouse. The mouse is certainly more nervous then normal.

hic

Nar is lost in another reverie. Something in the divination chamber (he now knows thats what is was) awoke the book. Diverting at first, it now erupts. In the middle of all, flying through all those doors, at the heart. A single grand chamber, strange adamantine spinderals all connected to...

He involuntarily gasps "Kosmoskamaros".

Does it start to get dark outside?

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
In the Little Cage

Forge sits behind his force shield. He might be wondering what happened to that mouse.

At some point, even for all his fortitude and willpower he drifts off. This place is getting to him.

He wakes up to find a piece of "meat", hewed off from something but otherwise served somewhere between raw and dried. Looks like the sort of thing his fellow prisoners, viewed through the invisible doors to their own cells, might like.

Speaking of view. He has the growing and uncanny feeling of someone watching him. There! In the corner of his eye! He turns, nothing, except the shadows of an empty cell.

Jin Abackis

Explorer
Simorai gives Buckthorn a nod as a comrade in arms and says: We may have a better option. Let’s wait for Nar to speak and reveal (at least some) his secrets. Simorai will also check the Manual of Planes for the term "Kosmoskamaros."

Remove ads