Legacy of the Silver Dragon - Off to See the Goblins

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
OOC: Sorry to hear that, Voda. Hope you get back on your feet soon. :(

Things look so much simpler in the light of a new day, thinks Antares as he follows the others to the kitchen across the yard, looking at the rainy paysage out of the warm deepness of his blue hood. Or perhaps it should be: after a night of thought?

Trust requires risk - requires no small amount of courage - it is true. But the alternative, the world as the dancing star wants it to dance: distrust in the eyes of everyone you see, hatred giving rise to hatred -- even and especially when the reasons behind such have been long forgotten... THAT is something worth risking his own bodily, social, perhaps even emotional comforts to oppose... And if methods used to reach it are this horribly twisted and gnarled, then but think of their true goals!

He only wishes his small amount of courage will be sufficient for the task... And as to that, let us begin with breakfast. With some of the people that wanted to lynch at least some of them yesterday....

Antaresd breathes in deep of the damp air: Be amiable, be cheery, be *civilized* in all things... Yes!

He goes in.

With some surprise he finds that the meal goes relatively smoothly, the old man making a point to talk with the party as they find food and eat. And he himself offers to take the letter from Antares back to the village. "Young master, I would be happy to do so. I think some members of this camp need reminding that Ascadar needs people to help each other in these times." It is said loudly enough to carry to others around him, none of which say anything, but pay even more attention to their food and drink.

It does indeed seem that the tiredness of long days, the unknowing loneliness of the dark, have been poor counselors to all, not just to himself!

"Would- would it be insulting to offer small compensation, do you think?" he tentatively inquires of the old man.

OOC: If it isn't, Antares will offer 3 gold crowns to the old man for carrying the letter to his teacher (as more seems to him like bragging, and less would be insulting from one of his background).

As he finishes politely sipping at his warm bouillon at the end of the meal (and the lady Beatrix is well into her fifth bowl of gruel, discussing legendary meals with Stellan 'guaranteed to make person stronger than bear!'): "Do you - perhaps - have wise counsel on the road lying ahead of our party this day, master-?" His cheeks colour slightly as he realizes: "Ah. My deepest apologies. I -ah- do not seem to have caught your name, goodlogger?"

OOC: Antares is otherwise ready to depart for the goblin village! (Oh, and he'll make sure Glamrok gets some butter during breakfast as well, since he seems to enjoy it so much :)).

gambler1650

Explorer
"Not insulting," replies the older man with a wink. "But I need it far less than young folk like yourself who are just starting out in the world. You can buy me a drink at the Half and Human when you get back." He pauses as the elf asks his question about the road ahead, "Young master, I know a great deal about the road between here and Ascadar, but as far as what lies ahead? Well, that's an unknown to me. Just keep your eyes and ears open. And don't think of that one there.." and he nods to the goblin - butter smeared on its face, "as your friend. Unless it gives you cause to trust it. My name is Rikran."

OOC: Voda Vosa, I hope you feel better soon!

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Not insulting," replies the older man with a wink. "But I need it far less than young folk like yourself who are just starting out in the world. You can buy me a drink at the Half and Human when you get back."
"Ah?" The young elf quickly - and he hopes, discreetly - retracts his hand from the 3 gold crowns he was in the process of extracting (as more seems to him like bragging, and less would be insulting from one of his background). "That- That would be most acceptable, certainly. Ah. Our Company is in the process of rebuilding the burn house a corner away from Mathias the furrier? If we are in town, likely word of your visit might reach us there?"

What a strange thought, that they - Stellan, Muzdin and late-come Beatrix - are now in truth land owners by right... Life passes so quickly outside his sire's tower -- and so unpredictably good or ill, often depending on the hour of the day!

[...] "Just keep your eyes and ears open. And don't think of that one there.." and he nods to the goblin - butter smeared on its face, "as your friend. Unless it gives you cause to trust it. My name is Rikran."
"Well met, Rikran. And sound advice, in truth," admits Antares with a grateful nod, though one gets the impression it might not be advice he intends to fully heed? "If you rub your face with this clever device, goodgoblin Glarmlock, one can then eat the delicious butter off of its woven surface?" he informs the goblin, presenting him with a folded cloth handkerchief and gesturing.

And he might have left it at that, as he gets up to take his leave with the others... but instead he hesitates, and then slowly continues, the conversation meshing with some of the fragments of his late-night ponderings... "The heart seems to be how one defines us and them, I think. 'He is one of the good races', they will say, and treat him with justice. 'She is not', they will say, and will not." His voice creases with emotion on that feminine pronoun, a pained frown briefly flitting across his fair brow... "And often one might be right, and save oneself some pain. But does it not seem to you that thereby, you likely ensure that you will always be right?"

OOC: Antares is hoping to 'trick' Glarmlock into washing his face. :)

Last edited:

Remove ads