• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Legacy of the Stone Assembly, Chapter I: The Cabal, The Quill, and the Concord

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn frowned and shook her head. She vaguely recalled him mentioning something like that, but it wasn't the crucial point.

"I don't know about a book, I just know that the spirit called itself a spirit of the alpha, and it was talking about stuff that wasn't real. Now Un...my teacher taught me that most spirits don't really have imaginations, you know? So it's not like this spirit was making stuff up. So it's either the spirit of something that's wrong, like a delusion or a lie...or it's the spirit of something that's real, but it's in the wrong world."

She paused at that.

"Which is kind of weird when you think about it."

"Weird does seem the appropriate word to describe a spirit of something in the wrong world. As for the book, perhaps it would produce better results to think of it as its mirror, showing the worlds of alpha and beta as seen by the first mage to look into them after they passed from memory. Possibly, instead of an interpretive science fiction novel, the story of alpha and beta represent another mages journey after the heirarch, although this too seems unlikely. Still, these things can wait until we begin to research the Heirarch and the Stone Assembly."

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn shrugs, not really wanting to get into it any farther.

"Alright, so what's the next step? Talk to Jane? Head over to Ikea?"

"I would prioritize visiting Mrs Jane over repairing the house, for she could posses information vital to the maintenance of the house, including the foci of the permanent magical effects."

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn stares at Prometheus for a long moment, then looks away and covers her mouth as she laughs.

"Alright then," she says after a second. "Guess we'd better find this commune thing. Anyone got an iPhone or something with Google on it?"

"What, did I say something amusing, or is there something hillarious behind my back?" Prometheus looks slightly confused, but his words come out sarcastically. WHen he continues, it is with a more appropriate voice, "I have no such device, for as graduate students I have little spending money."

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn shrugs. "Guess we're hitting a library then. Go free wifi."

She goes to the door, then looks back at Prometheus.

"You don't talk like a normal person," she tells him. "People don't say 'prioritize over repairing the house,' usually. You're all...stiff and formal and it seems like you're trying to impress everyone with how smart you are."

"Coming?"

"Yes, although, because Arathnos drove the rest of us to this house, we will need to get some manner of transport first. I have no qualms about procuring public transportation, but it would require less money should you already have a vehicle."

Prometheus begins to follow Thorn towards wherever.

Remove ads