Legacy of the Stone Assembly, Chapter I: The Cabal, The Quill, and the Concord

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
[sblock=Prometheus casts Supernal Vision]
Looking around for someone else, Prometheus attempts to subtly activate his mage sight.
6 dice, 1 success.[/sblock]

Prometheus' vision shifted to perceive the supernatural in much the same way his eyes might adjust to see in the dark: his pupils widened, he breathed more deeply, and reached out with all his senses into the unseen world. The man before him appeared awash with a galaxy of shimmering sparks--the sorcerer's mark.

[sblock=Chopesh casts Supernal Vision]
Activates Prime Mage Sight.
7 dice, 3 successes.[/sblock]

Chopesh traced in his mind over Chok'Mah, the sephirot of wisdom, and heard the council of the heavenly host announce the thrilling beauty and magic all around him.

[sblock=Prometheus scrutinizes Chopesh]
He begins sizing up the other, with his mage sight if he casts it sucessfully.
9 dice, 2 successes.[/sblock]

Prometheus noted two spells active on the thin man. He was enveloped in some sort of spacial anomaly, and his eyes burned with supernatural comprehension.

They both sensed a presence, like a burning torch in a cloud of fog, suspended in midair ten feet above them.

Seeing the other's spells to be defensive in nature, Prometheus looks up still wary of his lack of protection, but deciding knowing what he's facing to be more important. That said, he still keeps the thin man within eye sight, even going so far as to walk several steps back to keep him in sight.

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn watches the two other mages metaphorically sniff each other's butts for a few seconds, then lowers her sunglasses down her nose to peer over the rims. Something was close.

She didn't bother with Mage Sight...she had a hunch this presence was probably a spirit of some kind. With her wickedly curved brass ritual dagger, she cut a thin line down her palm, murmuring an invocation under her breath. The welling blood evaporated, and the veils around Thorn parted to let her see...

(Using the spirit sight spell...the one to see spirits...)

Walking Dad

First Post
This has to be a spirit!

Chopesh gropes for the seal of solomon he wears around his neck. It was a gift by his mentor. While it had no power on it's own, it was the very same symbol, King David used to bind the fiendish spirits in ancient times. This and it seven prongs made it the perfect tool to invoke the sight of Netzach, the non khabbalists call the arcana of spirit.

[sblock=Picture]
000002-adrien_brody.jpg
[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc] 'Chopesh' means 'Seeker' in English. Tries to activates Spirit Mage Sight (trying up to 3 times :uhoh:). Already has a space armor rote active.Dismisses the prime sight, if successful.[/sblock]

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
[sblock=Thorn casts Spirit Tongue]
Using the spirit sight spell...the one to see spirits...)
4 dice, 1 success.[/sblock]

Thorn looked up into the clouded winter sky, but couldn't see any sort of spirit dangling in the air where she had felt the presence of a supernatural energy. The owl that had perched on the barn flew overhead, and as it did so Thorn noticed a slack silver chain tied around one of the owl's talon, leading into the farmhouse. The owl swooped down onto the awning over the farmhouse porch, and watched Thorn, twisting its head curiously.

[sblock=Chopesh casts Second Sight]Tries to activates Spirit Mage Sight (trying up to 3 times :uhoh:). Already has a space armor rote active.Dismisses the prime sight, if successful.[/quote]Second Sight or Solomon's Sight, is good for detecting loci, spirits' powers, werewolf powers, and a few other things, but it doesn't actually let you see or interact with Twilight spirits, like Spirit Tongue does. I'm not sure which you'd prefer, but casting Second Sight gets you different information than what Thorn got, so it suits my purposes to assume you want that. :p You can dismiss your spells as a reflexive action (basically freely) so you're better off leaving Supernal Vision up, since you have a spare spell slot.
2 dice, 1 success[/sblock]

Chopesh looked up into the night sky at the warm, glowing presence above him. The sight of Netzach revealed nothing more to him than the existence of a magical force, but through the invokation of Chok'Mah, the power over Awakened magic, he saw a circle, three feet in diameter, which glowed with the power of an Awakened soul's will.

[sblock=OOC]Second Sight tells you that this is not the presence of a spirit, while Supernal Vision reveals it to be an act of Awakened magic. You can learn more about the spell, perhaps identifying the arcana involved or the strength of its caster, by scrutinizing the spell with Intelligence + Occult as an extended action.[/sblock]

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
[sblock=Hella]
Before coming out to greet them, Goliath casts a few quick spells, because you can never be too cautious. [/sblock]

A huge man exits the main buildings nearest door, and moves surprisingly quietly across the parking lot. The darkening night makes it harder to immediately pick out the details. As he comes closer, you see he stands over 7ft tall! He sports a short red beard, and is wearing a dark leather coat against the nights growing cold.
He smiles and says in a surprisingly soft voice, "Hello, welcome to Benefit. Are you done examining the spell in the sky now?" He looks the group over critically, not quite sure what to make of them. "Can I help you? Who are you?" He says it politely as his eyes keep scanning the group.

[sblock=Active spells and other rolls]
Fate 1, Interconnections p. 148 -- Trying to see any interesting connections between the group, himself and the Benefit buildings. Roll Wits+Empathy+Fate (2+1+2=5)
Fate 1, The Sybils Sight p.149
Matter 2, Useen Aegis p. 197, armour 3 + kevlar vest (under clothes) 4/5

Goliath is looking them over to seeing if their carrying anything that might be a weapon. Its simply instinct. Wits+Composure? (5 dice)
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn blinks at the huge man, more than a bit taken aback. She'd seen big men before, but this was ridiculous! She couldn't help wondering if this was some kind of spell enhancing his physique...but figured that'd be pretty impolite to ask.

"Hey," she said in a friendly tone, pushing her sunglasses back up her nose. "We're just looking to talk to Jane."

She glanced up at the owl. The silver cord didn't lead to the big guy, so she figured it might be Jane's.

"We've been asked to look after the house, by the Consilium. We want to talk to her about what happened there."

Thondor

"Hmmm, I don't know any Jane." He pauses, "but you never know I havn't been here that long. Maybe Sandro will know something about this."

He extends a huge rough hand to the young women in front of him, "I'm called Goliath. Not hard to see why. And you are?"

After she introduces herself he says, "Simple name I like it. The whole shadow name can be sort of pretentious at times can't it?" He suddenly looks embarrassed and stiffens up and takes a step backwards. Great use a word your not even sure is right, great way to make a good impression, he thinks to himself. Why do I care what they think anyway?

"And your friends are?" He crosses his arms, and turns his gaze on the others. A flicker of recognition crosses his face when he sees 'Chopesh'

[sblock=OOC]
Uh, is Levanna here at all? or did she drop out for the moment. If she is I've probably heard or her anyway seeing as we are both pretty new Free Council.
Chopesh, back in your days as a cop, did you ever work in Roxbury? I'd like Goliath to have run into you during his brief, youthful gang life. That'd be about ten years ago.

Goliath's in his mid-twenties.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

"Speaking of pretentious names, Shadow Names, mine is Prometheus." Prometheus' reply is quite sarcastic, "Goliath fits you both in size and thought." After speaking, he shakes his head several times, quickly enough to cut off any response, "Sorry fellow mage, but I have yet to become aquainted with dealing with our kind friendly, so I hope you shall forgive me for my sudden unreasonable outburst. Initially, I thought you unfriendly, and some residual readiness for battle carried through to my words. So, though I know it to be highly unlikely, I ask that you forgive my rudeness, and let us become aquainted before judgements are passed."

Thondor

Goliath scowls at Prometheus initial outburst. "Better to be slow in speaking, then to put your foot in your mouth. I'm not much of a talker, true, doesn't mean I'm an idiot. Or fool enough to deliberatly cause trouble." He jaw twitches, "Didn't mean my comment as an insult. Now that were done trying to impress each other, lets forget about it Prometheus."
He tries to smile to break the tension.

He looks toward Levanna, remembers having seen her at an informal Free Council thing, but can't bring up a name. He simply nods and says "Hello, again."
Then turns to the man near the sedan.
(OOC went ahead and rolled to see if i spotted any weapons, 3 successes)

"You should probably leave that gun in your car. Unless you got a license or something . . . Do I know you? You look familiar."

Damn, I should be better at this kind of thing. I bet Sandro is watching the whole thing too, scratch that I know he is.

Last edited:

Remove ads