Legacy of the Stone Assembly, Chapter I: The Cabal, The Quill, and the Concord

Shayuri

First Post
"Prometheus likes to talk," Thorn says with a grin. "A lot. But yeah, the shadow name thing is kind of lame...even if it's something you have to do."

She shrugs.

"So yeah, Miss Jane. She used to work for Consilium. They had her in this old house, working on a problem about spirits from the alpha? Ring any bells?"

Thorn glances up at the owl. "Anything?"

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
Goliath thinks for a moment, "Nope," he says shaking his head. Then he leans forwardand says in a low conspiratorial tone to Thorn, "but mages like to keep secrets."

Then loudly to the group, "No point in standing here in the snow. Sandro might know something, let's head inside." He turns to walk away and then stops.

His gaze falls on the man near the sedan (Chopesh) and he says "He's not really part of your group is he? Seems like you just met."

(OOC: I think my Interconnections Fate 1, spell would let me know that, if not lets call it luck.)

"Why are you here?"

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"Our group? I thought he was native."

Thorn looks over at the car, then back at the towering Goliath.

"I can't speak for the guy in the car. Prometheus and me are here to find this ex-Consilium mage, like I've been saying. We sort of inherited her house, and her old job, and we're trying to figure out what went wrong the first time that made her come out here."

Biting his tongue for once, Prometheus chooses not to speak up, instead improving his spirit sight, and going back to aura reading.

[sblock=OOC]Casting the other sight, not supernal vision, but the mind one that I can't recall the name of atm. Gnosis 3 + Mind 2. Then studying aura. First Chopesh, since he already started on him, then goliath. Still trying to remain undetected.
Int 3 + Occult 5 + Resonance 1 + Density 2= 11 Dice
Don't remember the check for hiding that it was Prometheus.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
[sblock=Goliath's Interconnections and Weapon Spotting]
Thondor said:
went ahead and rolled to see if i spotted any weapons, 3 successes
Thondor said:
Fate 1, Interconnections p. 148 -- Trying to see any interesting connections between the group, himself and the Benefit buildings. Roll Wits+Empathy+Fate (2+1+2=5)
3 successes.[/sblock]

Goliath noticed the hilt of a rather large dagger sunk into a leather sheath, tied with a leather thong around Levanna's waste. Her over-sized Alpaca sweatshirt nearly covered it, but not entirely. Gazing through the lense of Fate, he saw nascent, but powerful threads connecting himself to the other four mages in the parking lot, and from them to the farmhouse and to a building out past the wood pile. This last thread, leading into a far-off, unimpressive barn that Goliath had never visited, vibrated with a sense of frayed, imperiled destiny--one he felt was tied to his own.

[sblock=Prometheus casts Aura Perception, then Scrutinizes]
magic_gathering2001 said:
Casting the other sight, not supernal vision, but the mind one that I can't recall the name of atm. Gnosis 3 + Mind 2. Then studying aura. First Chopesh, since he already started on him, then goliath. Still trying to remain undetected.
Int 3 + Occult 5 + Resonance 1 + Density 2= 11 Dice
Don't remember the check for hiding that it was Prometheus.
His casting of Aura Perception fails, but he can try again with 4 dice. 1 success scrutinizing with the existing Supernal Vision. Tough luck there, that was a bad couple of rolls for Prometheus :eek:.[/sblock]

[sblock=Information for Chopesh and Goliath]Prometheus has scrutinized your resonance with Supernal Vision. That means that he can identify any spell you cast as yours henceforth, and he can see your nimbus right now. What does your nimbus look like? See pages 90-91 for details.[/sblock]

Last edited:

[sblock=Prometheus casts Aura Perception, then Scrutinizes] His casting of Aura Perception fails, but he can try again with 4 dice. 1 success scrutinizing with the existing Supernal Vision. Tough luck there, that was a bad couple of rolls for Prometheus :eek:.[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Well then, that's just like him... 11 dice and a single success... Someone needs some fate arcana. Well, I'll just have him try again until he's succeeded on the spell, and then focus on scrutinizing until he needs to focus elsewhere.[/sblock]
Prometheus' face hardens momentarily, the only sign of his failed spell. Manipulating magical energies around others who can seems much harder. Maybe he'll get used to it with time. He shakes his head slightly and attempts to enhance his sight again.

Last edited:

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
(OOC: Nimbus: "mechanical" sometimes accompanied by haunting or lighthearted music depending on the nature of spells active/under scrutiny.)

After Chopesh intorduces himself and gives him some sort of reason for his presence, Goliath leads them all through the gathering snow to the main door.
"Let's get in out of the cold shall we?"

He ducks through the door, doffs his coat and indicates where the others can place their outer-garments if they want. He quickly steps out of his massive workboots (they weren't tied up) and says "Wait here a moment, I'm sure Sandro will want to see you."

(Hella hopefully I'm not overstepping myself here.)

If anyone wants to 'catch up' with Goliath on the short walk over, they can grab a 'private' word. His leaving you at the entryway also gives you a chance to talk without him hearing.

Walking Dad

First Post
ooc: Sorry for the posting delay. I got sick with no online access at home.

Retconning:
Chopesh looks up at the tall figure, seeing not only his physical presence, but also the eldritch energies around him. He speaks up:

"Call me Chopesh. I'm here in behalf of my mentor. I will explain more in there... Don't I know you...
Roxbury!"

As he moves to the door, you can see him wearing a sandy brown trench coat and carrying an old school hat in his hand.

[sblock=Picture]
000002-adrien_brody.jpg
[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]
Hm, I think the nimbus should be something between holy and desert. Think of the place they found the grail in the Indiana Jones Films. Not old and stinky, but ancient. Light, but not holy light, but fire light, filtered through a thorn bush. The taste of smell between incense and oriental spices.

His weraring a pistol in a shoulder holster, BTW.[/sblock]

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
The entryway to the farmhouse was decorated in a folksy mixture of country handicrafts and hippie regalia. Many potted plants, now dormant, hung in macramé hammocks. A handmade wooden shoe shelf sat next to the door, half full with muddy work boots, snowshoes, and battered sneakers. Near it was a collection of beaded moccasins of various sizes, with a needlepoint sign above them that read, "House shoes for the house, please," with a little smiling teddy bear in the corner.

A coat rack stood on the other side of the doorway, with a collection of winter coats for men and women of various sizes. Near it was another needlepoint sign, with a cartoon-y picture of a sycamore tree. It read:

"Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realize that we can't eat money.
--Cree proverb."

From the back of the house, the voice of a middle-aged man rang out in a friendly tone, "Come on back, we've been expecting you!"

Slipping out of his own shoes, Prometheus looks discerningly at the moccasins, realizing that his spirit sight helps little for mundane tasks. Of course, it does help him pick an unused pair. He selects the pair that look wearable with the least heavy traces of resonance. Slipping them on, he walks farther into the house, trying to locate the source of the voice, "Hello sir, although I do find it odd to have so many people predict our arrival when none other than Thorn and myself should have known. Still, among such company one learns to expect it I guess."

Remove ads