• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lego Batman 3

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Some people are complaining that it's glitched and buggy. I don't know why--I've played all the way through story mode and most of the way through free-play with only a single minor hiccup caused by my own error.

The game itself?
Not as good as Lego Batman 2. Technically, it incorporated a lot of Lego Marvel (which was an abomination to play), without the horrendous mistakes and unbelievable number of programming errors/failures.
The scenery is pretty, to the point of distraction.
Story is a little light, both in tone and quality--there just isn't very much there. Not when you consider the world(s) they had to work from.
Solomon Grundy keeps getting between the camera and the character I'm controlling, making hard to see what I'm doing or being attacked by.
"Video Game AR" levels are pretty weak and a little off-putting. But then, most games have a weakness...
I would love to shut up Conan Obrien, who is the voice of the guide.
Kevin Smith, self-appointed comic-geek god, also has a character in here.
Some of the long-time red brick powers (invincibility, regenerate hearts, extra hearts, extra toggle) are gone.
Almost all the characters have useful powers (unlike all the extra useless characters that most of the games have had).
This game went for happier/campier, without being ruined. Instead of Student in Peril, or Stan Lee in Peril, we get Adam West in peril.
Bat-man, robin, cyborg, Joker, and Luthor all have a variety of power suits that are accessible at all times (once you unlock them).
No suits for Bat-girl. :(
Some 240 characters to unlock. (note, that's 240 different characters--not counting variations like 20 different versions of Harry Potter or 10 different Ron Weasleys) Yes, there are some redundants, but if you counted them, it would be about 260.
Technically, this is more Lego Justice League than Lego Batman.
One unfortunate short-coming: It would have been nice if the free-play selector gave you more different characters to fill the roster rather than using utility characters with multiple powers/power suit options. Also, it would be nice if the level automatically included all of the needed characters in the roster for a free-play mission, instead of making you select outside to the full menu. (IE, plastic man should be included in all the levels, since you need him specifically to unlock the Red Power Bricks). Not a game breaker, but LBM2 and LLotR always got it right.

Remove ads