Leif's AD&D 1E Game [IC 01]

Falariel

First Post
Leif's AD&D 1E game [IC 01]

Riel quietly moves into position to see what is transpiring with his party mates, doing his best to remained concealed.

Leif

Adventurer
Rest Interrupted -- Voices and Humans and Orcs, Oh My!

All of the adventurers see one troop of human woodsmen and a smaller, but wiry, troop of orc and half-orc 'woodsmen.' ["Woodsorcs?"] The humans look surprised and taken aback, but the orcs are positively flabbergasted and falling over themselves to get away. "Aaaah, forest spirits and elvish ones! Get us outta here!"

Helfdan

First Post
Girion Valtar

The ranger lowers his bow but keeps the arrow nocked. "Easy there... No one gets hurt today. We are looking into some recent attacks on woodsmen and merchants that have taken place nearby."

Leif

Adventurer
Rest Interrupted

One of the humans answers Gorash, "Oh, that was just one of the half-orc laborers over there. He doubtless never dreamed that a dwarf was about to pop out from behind a tree here in the forest! I beg your forgiveness, Master Dwarf. I am called Slim Linden, and we customarily take on some orc and half-orc laborers to round-out our crew. This is where we part from them and they go back to their homes and we continue to the village. We'll try to keep him under better control while he is with us." And turning to Girion Valtar, he says, "Begging your pardon, Lord Valtar, we are just woodsmen from yon village out for a day's logging, and now returning home. We have also heard these tales of renegade orcs in the forest and have seen some from a distance, but we turned away and went in a different direction. We saw them yonder," and he points back in the direction that you have been heading.

Last edited:

Helfdan

First Post

"Orcs, you say? At least we know a bit more than we did this morning. Thank you, master Linden." He grins as he returns the arrow to his quiver. "And apologies if we gave you a bit of a scare."

Falariel

First Post

Relaxing a bit, Riel removes his hand from his sword. He doesn't, however, move from cover, instead preferring to stay concealed to avoid alarming the woodsmen further.

Leif

Adventurer
Woodsmen

The woodsmen and orca disperse in various directions to the places they call home, leaving the adventurers to pursue their goals.

Helfdan

First Post

Girion shakes his head as he watches them go. "Never seen orcs that... domesticated ere today. I hope those woodmen know what they are doing..."

Remove ads