Leif's AD&D 1E Game [IC 01]

Helfdan

First Post
Leif's AD&D 1E game [IC 01]

"Any trouble in there will be at close quarters," Girion muses. He slings his bow on his back, and readies sword and shield before approaching the bridge.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Ellydd will, similarly, trade his bow for scimitar, calling to mind a few options of useful prayers should Ehlonna's divine aid become necessary.

Leif

Adventurer
Approaching the Bridge

The doughty adventurers advance to the edge of the bridge's enclosure, weapons held at the ready. Within, they can see nothing that looks particularly threatening, but it is quite dark inside the closed-in bridge. Nothing is heard by them either, except for the rushing noise of the stream below flowing over the rapids beneath the bridge. The pleasant smell of fresh, clean water wafts up into their nostrils.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Ellydd makes his way across the bridge, assuming his new fellows will be close behind and/or watching the surrounding area for signs of impending attack. He will take up a defensive and alert position when he exits the other side [OOC: Since this is, obviously, just a happy friendly tra-la-la bridge where nothing bad will happen.[/OOC] :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

Helfdan

First Post
Leif's AD&D 1E game [IC 01]

Girion walks ahead of the group, his wilderness trained senses alert for danger, and his sword and shield at the ready.

Leif

Adventurer
Across the Bridge

When Elydd and Girion Valtarte start across the bridge, Gorash and Riel trailing a bit behind them, four spiders the size of dogs leap down from their webs above!

[roll for Surprise and Initiative, Ranger] spiders' surprise roll, followed by initiative. (1d6=2, 1d6=3)

Spider AC=8, fighters and rangers need a 10 to hit. Thieves need a bit more.

Attachments

• Forest Bridge 02.xls
    14 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: my bad! I was thinking you were 1st level, sorry!

And it is my ruling that you do not have the surprise phases in which to act. The spiders were lurking for victims, so while you could have been surprised, they could not. PCs do have the initiative.

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
ooc: Well, Ellydd is only a 3rd level Fighter, but a 4th level cleric. Sooooo, I'm not sure what that does for me. I am inclined to think I still miss.../ooc

ic: Ellydd slashes with his scimitar at the dropping spiders.

1d20+1, 1d8+1=[8, 1], [7, 1]

Now...I'm not sure what this means. I haven't seen invisible castle list the results like this. Since I clearly told it 1 roll of each die...so I'm guessing those "1s" are my +1s. So only a 9 to hit and 8 for damage [though I doubt it's necessary].

DM Edit: That interpretation is correct.

EDIT: DM Requested: Where you have me, AA-17, works fine for my location. I shall try a melee attack again next round.

Last edited:

Remove ads