• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Leif's AD&D 1E Game [IC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
Spiders on the Bridge

OOC: Update scheduled for later today, I hope. Riel will be able to backstab the spider in front of him, becaus they're going to gangbang Ellydd.

OOC: Not round-by-round init, just lost track of where we were, so I arbitrarily said it was the PCs turn. If it already was, then nothing changed.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Spiders on the bridge

OOC: But you do get the +4 falariel, so it is a clear hit. It knew you were there, but chose to expose its flank to your attack. This ruling may be strictly kosher by 1E rules or it may not be, but there it is, anyway. My apologies for NOT updating sooner, but Falariel has "grabbed the spider by the horns" and put the game back on track. Any PCs still standing may attack now.

OOC: Also, about doubling damage -- in 3.5 rules, it is true that you only count bonuses once while rolling the weapon damage dice multiple times. But, in 1E AD&D, we always rolled the dice, added the modifiers for magic, str, whatever, and then multiplied by 2 or whatever number was appropriate. That would make Riel's damage dealt 14 hp in this case. I think I'd rather do it that way. What do the rest of you think?

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
OOC: Yes, ye olden days in the back of 1e we always did it that way as well (damage dice + all relevant bonuses x 2).

Ellydd rallies with the elf's inclusion on his flank and slashes once again (at whichever spider he struck last time):
1d20+1=19, 1d8+1=7

Leif

Adventurer
Ellydd and Falariel have slain both of the spiders that threatened the party. Gorash is alive and vaguely aware of his surroundings, but he is not much use for accomplishing anything. He does think that he may be able to stand with assistance and perhaps walk a short way. Girion Valtar finds himself in a condition similar to that of Gorash.

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
[OOC: Woohoo! Victory!...kinda...mostly...Well, noone's dead. :) ]

IC: Ellydd returns his attention to Girion, he checks to see if he needs some healing prayers [OOC: I'm guessing not and that it was the poison that knocked him out]. The half-elf address his companions with some concern.

"Ehlonna's blessing has slowed the spider's poison, perhaps giving his body a chance to fight it, but I confess I do not know if he is entirely out of danger. Do any of you have a method for diluting or removing poison?" the warrior-priest says. He looks with disgust at splattered arachnid guts in the dark covered bridge. "One of you assist me in moving him into the sun. Gently now."

Ellydd crosses the evil Spider Bridge of Poisonous Pain [presumbly carrying the still-unconsious (?) Girion...or assisting him to cross if he's not ko'd.].

"My apologies, master Gorash, but it seems my trust in your people's alleged fortitude was not unwarranted."
Ellydd begins to look around the river banks for any herbs or medicinal plants that might be useful in neutralizing or expelling the poison.

Remove ads