• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Leif's Homebrew 4E, OOC1

Leif

Adventurer
WD, I guess that all depends on who actually keeps plaiyng. As I recall, we have 1 or 2 defenders-Scotley and (maybe Tarrk?), one controller-Lou, one striker-ozymandias79, one leader-renau1g, and Mowgli's bard which is leader? striker?

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
I meant same role and fluff as the barbarian.

Slayers are martial strikers who can access normal fighters utility powers, but don't mark, do striker damage and use different attack powers.

Would be not much similar to a 'normal' fighter than a barbarian (same HP, different role and powers).

Leif

Adventurer
WD, so still Tarrk, just a 'different' Tarrk? That's cool, or changing is cool, too. This game has established the tendency to let players do whatever they wish with characters, within reason/rules of course.

renau1g

First Post
The heroes battled their way through numerous foes, including goblins, lead by Balgorn the fat, an obese monstrosity that begged for mercy before his threat was ended, and undead, including zombies, skeletons, and even the ghost of a fallen hero, Sir Keegan, whom the party managed to convince of their altruistic mission and so didn't attack, a smattering of miscellaneous dungeon dwellers, oozes, giant rats, and some kruthiks (like carapaced spiders). After that, the party descended to the second level of the keep, and stronger,more organized foes awaited. Hobgoblins formed the bulk of the resistance, with another ooze and some zombies making an appearance. The party discovered an unholy site dedicated to the demon prince of undeath, Orcus! A priest of said demon and a group of vampire spawn guarded the temple, but were quickly dispatched by the heroes.

Only one foe remained, the evil Kalarel, dark spellcaster seeking to summon Orcus to the Material Plane through the Shadow Rift. The battle was ferocious, but in the end the heroes defeated the Scion of Orcus and as he is defeated, some dark being in the portal reaches through, pulling Kalarel into the Shadowfell.

The group emerges battered and weary from that dark place, but a great evil was stopped and the people of Winterhaven were grateful. What future adventures await these intrepid heroes? Only time will tell...

Walking Dad

First Post
New Tarrk (work in progress)

[sblock=Tarrk, Minotaur Fighter (Slayer)]
Tarrk Level 3
Minotaur Fighter (Slayer)

ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 14, Dex 16, Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 10

COMBAT & DEFENSES
AC: 19; Fort: 18; Reflex: 15; Will: 13
HP: 35; Bloodied: 17; Surges: 11; Surge Value: 8
Initiative: +4; Speed: 5

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics +10, Endurance +10, Intimidate +6

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +4, Arcana +0, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +1, Dungeoneering +2, Heal +2, History +0, Insight +2, Nature +4, Perception+4, Religion +0, Stealth +4, Streetwise +1, Thievery +4

FEATS
1. Weapon Proficiency: Gouge
2. spear Expertise

RACIAL FEATURES
Languages: Common, Giant
Skill Bonuses: +2 Nature, +2 Perception
Vitality: You have one additional healing surge.
Ferocity: When you drop to 0 hit points or fewer, you can make a melee basic attack as an immediate interrupt.
Heedless Charge: You have a +2 racial bonus to AC against opportunity attacks you provoke during a charge.
Goring Charge: You have the Goring Charge power.

POWERS
Minotaur feature: Goring Charge
Fighter Feature: Power Strike, Improved
Slayer Fighter Stance: Battle Wrath
Slayer Fighter Stance: Berserker's Charge
Fighter utility 2: Passing Forward

[sblock=Powers]
1d20+9;2d6.minroll(2)+10

At-Will Powers

Far Hearing: minor, personal, Choose one square you can see that is within 10 squares of you. Until the end of your next turn, you can hear as if you occupied that square.

Battle Wrath: minor, personal, You assume the battle wrath stance. Until the stance ends, you gain a +2 power bonus to the damage rolls of basic attacks using a weapon.

Berserker's Charge: minor, personal, You assume the berserker's charge stance. Until the stance ends, you gain a +2 power bonus to your speed when charging and a +2 power bonus to the attack rolls of your charge attacks.

Passing Forward: move, personal, You pick an adjacent enemy and move up to your speed. As long as you end this movement in a square adjacent to that enemy, your movement does not provoke opportunity attacks from that enemy.

Encounter Powers

Goring Charge:

Improved Power Strike: free, personal, after hitting an enemy, you can add 2d6 more damage.
[/sblock]

EQUIPMENT
Dwarven Armor Scale Armor +1, Vanguard Gouge +1, Cloak of Distortion +1, Adventurers kit (15)

RITUALS
-
[/sblock]

On a charge in his berserker stance he does:

1d20+12;2d6.minroll(2)+1d8+11 damage

In Battle Wrath he does:

1d20+9;2d6.minroll(2)+1d8+13 damage

Good times :D

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Great synopsis, renau1g!

Tarrk is looking most EXCELLENT WD! I can't wait to see him in action. And your answers are:
YES you can take a weapon from the Dark Sun setting, mind if I ask which one you want? Gouge? Trikal? Something else?
YES all characters gain standard 3rd level treasure to spend and have fun with. I said before that Winterhaven wouldn't have much in the way of magic for sale, but for these purposes we'll suspend that rule -- knock yourselves out, gentlemen!

Hey, renau1g and WD you guys are on vacation exactly the same days? What's up with that? Are you secretly the same person or something?

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Want to take the gouge. Nice spear specific feats, but the impact of an axe :devil:

No, not the same person (as far as I know). I'm just starting the holiday trip two days before Christmas Eve and need some days after New Year to re-adjust. I think this is just a common plan.

EDIT:

Would like to get following items:

2) Dwarven Armor
3) Vanguard Gouge
4) Cloak of Distortion

Bought (level 2): Bracers of Mighty Striking.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Hey, renau1g and WD you guys are on vacation exactly the same days? What's up with that? Are you secretly the same person or something?

Naw, we're just vacationing together, I'm spending a week in Deutschland (or correctly Bundesrepublik Deutschland) and then WD's coming over here for a week in Canuckistan (as Leif so affectionately refers to our wonderful leftie land).... ;) j/k

Leif

Adventurer
Would like to get following items:

2) Dwarven Armor
3) Vanguard Gouge
4) Cloak of Distortion
Can you get these now, or are you waiting for something, like more money?
Naw, we're just vacationing together, I'm spending a week in Deutschland (or correctly Bundesrepublik Deutschland) and then WD's coming over here for a week
Sounds fun. Wish I had the time and bucks to join you. As if either one of you could put up with me for a week! :p

Walking Dad

First Post
Naw, we're just vacationing together, I'm spending a week in Deutschland (or correctly Bundesrepublik Deutschland) and then WD's coming over here for a week in Canuckistan (as Leif so affectionately refers to our wonderful leftie land).... ;) j/k
...Sounds fun. Wish I had the time and bucks to join you. As if either one of you could put up with me for a week! :p

Really :confused::confused::confused: I missed that!
I thought we would just visit the grandparents with the kids... but your plan sounds like more fun ;)

Can you get these now, or are you waiting for something, like more money?
Could get them now. Just need DM (Leif) approval ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads