• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Let's name the fourth book in WotC's 'Complete' series

What should the 4th book in WotC's 'Complete' series be called?

• Complete Scoundrel

Votes: 46 20.2%
  • Complete Trickster

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Complete Stealth

Votes: 34 14.9%
  • Complete Expert

Votes: 54 23.7%
  • Complete Professional

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Complete Schemer

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Complete Resourceful

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Complete Covert

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • Complete Diplomat

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Complete Finesse

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Complete Ace

• Complete Adept

• Complete Artiste

• Complete Master

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Complete Virtuoso

• Complete Sneak

Votes: 9 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 31 13.6%

johnsemlak

First Post
OK, I've taken the possible names from this thread. Let's make a good choice.

Sorry if I left anyone's favorite choice out. 16 is enough as it is, I think. Write in's are accepted as per usual.

Last edited:

FireLance

Legend
I know the titles that suggest sneakiness are going to get a lot of love, but I like Complete Professional because it covers more: the fighter that's also a master weaponsmith and armorer, the diplomatic paladin, the acrobatic monk, the scholarly wizard, the survivalist barbarian, etc. There is more to skills than sneaking about, disarming traps and conning marks, and I'd like the title to suggest that.

Thanee

First Post
But Scoundrel sounds cool and covers the flair of both rogue and bard.

To be honest, I highly doubt that the book will be named like this, since it would refer too much to class concepts, which the books are not about.

Complete Expert or Adept would both use a class (altho NPC class) name.
Complete Professional sounds too much like the Profession skill.

It will probably be something completely different. :)

Bye
Thanee

johnsemlak

First Post
Complete Expert or Adept would both use a class (altho NPC class) name.
Complete Professional sounds too much like the Profession skill.

Well, Complete Warrior also uses a class name.

I think Complete Expert is reasonably likely (of course it's very hard to say at this point; do we even KNOW there will be a fourth book?). It's not the name of a PC class, it covers a broad range of character concepts usuable by all classes, but it seems somewhat appropriate for a book which Rogue players are most liketly to buy.

Myself, I voted for Complete Stealth. It points a bit harder in the Rogue direction but not more than other Complete titles do (Complete Arcane nearly limits itself to the three arcane classes realisitically). All characters can become more stealthy.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
johnsemlak said:
Well, Complete Warrior also uses a class name.

Now that you say it... :)

Myself, I voted for Complete Stealth. It points a bit harder in the Rogue direction but not more than other Compelte titles do (Complere Arcane nearly limits itself to the three arcane classes realisitcally). All characters can become more stealthy.

As someone else said above, I think this is too limiting.

Complete Expert or Complete Professional are the most likely candidates from the above list, as they do cover the aspect of skills and such in a broader fashion.

But that's not what you asked... I still like Complete Scoundrel better. :)

Bye
Thanee

Remove ads