The Pumpkin Pie Spice RPG Contest Discussion Thread

How do you feel about pumpkin spice?

• Yes please.

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • No thank you.

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • It's a seasonal treat. Why all the fuss?

Votes: 14 38.9%

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Ha! I could create (checks math) at least 15, FIFTEEEN completely original and terrible Pumpkin Spice RPGs in that time.

77zG.gif
do it jewish GIF

(just remember to post your favorite one first)

aramis erak

Legend
Wait, this is a point of contention?
According to many of my friends, oh, hells yes! Have a link on the regional variations:
There's also a discussion of chili in an ep of good eats...

It's not unlike the Barbecue Sauces arguments: Tomato Paste based, mustard based, or molasses based. There are a few other bases, too, such as the honey based BBQ sauce I made once. (1 cup honey, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1 clove garlic (minced), 1 Tbsp sweet vermouth, just enough arrowroot powder to thicken it.)

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I couldn't resist. Here's another one.

Pumpkin Spice Latte (PSL)
This creamy, aromatic beverage is made from espresso, steamed milk, sugar, and aromatic warm spices. It can be found on the menu at any tavern or market stall in your campaign, perhaps in the more trendy neighborhoods. The beverage is made to order and served hot, in a white-and-green mug with a distinctive logo on the front. In fact, the mug is part of the beverage's appeal: they are quite fashionable and have become a status symbol of sorts among the wealthier citizens.

Consuming a serving of Pumpkin Spice Latte will immediately remove 1 point of Exhaustion. For one hour after drinking, you have advantage on all save throws to resist cold damage or the negative effects of cold weather. The beverage must be consumed while it is warm to gain these effects.

A serving costs 50gp, and comes with a free mug.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
According to many of my friends, oh, hells yes!
Which of those doesn't have meat? That's what I was asking about. I'm a competitive chili cook and I'm familiar with the wide variations -- your list leaves out Californians using tri-tip in theirs.

And most of those regional variations are only "chili" if you live there. Chile verde and carne adovada are different dishes included to stretch out the article. Cincinnati chili, I'm convinced, is a prank the Midwest is pulling on the rest of us.

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
Fine, twist my arm... here's an NPC/Monster concept, with some Modos 2 details to inspire the conversion to other games.

Engelbert Murgatroyd, A.K.A. the Ghost of Harvest, level 5

Concept: a tailor who once decided to ride through a haunted grove rather than ride around it and miss a trade appointment. To do so, he donned all of his wares as protection against ghoul bites, and doused himself in protective spices, which might have the secondary benefit of raising the spirits of his patron. Unfortunately, the haunting was due to incorporeal wraiths, who reached right through his garments and tainted his soul. Around the anniversary of his slaying, September 21st, the common folk say that the Ghost of Harvest rides the roads, high and low, a ghost of flowing scarves, capes, kilts, and hoods, leaving the faint aroma of cinnamon and nutmeg to mark his passing. These scents mark the departure of summer and arrival of harvest, but they also remind the commoners of the risks of committing to commerce.
Goal: to feed on the souls of anyone not wearing wintery or festive garb.
Flaw: non-corporeal, so he cannot affect or be affected by the physical world. Also, strangely superstitious.

Physical 8, Mental 12, Metaphysical 15
Skills: ride 1, craftsman 2, magic (float 2) 1, magic (poison 2) 1
Perks: mana (19), mystic ward (d4), thought shield (d4), owl's eye, sleepless
Gear: scented clothing (incorporeal), phantasmal horse (appears with Float 2 spell)

Remove ads