• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Let's Talk Blue Rose

Wrathamon

Adventurer
Crothian said:
Poisons still does ability damage but there are no example poisons listed. I imagine its the same just the dice value is halved. So, d2 instead of d4s for instance.

So if you reach below -5 in an ability that is the same as reaching 0?

It seems really vague.

I am surprised they didnt concider this.

Crothian

First Post
Wrathamon said:

It seems really vague.

abilities that go lower then -5 are delt with the same as a zero attribute, its fully spelled out in the book.

Nahat Anoj

First Post
Wrathamon said:

It seems really vague.

Well, while the section on poisons is small and there is no single list of poisons, creatures with poison attacks have that written in their write-up. For example, from the viper stat block:

Poison: A viper’s bite requires a Difficulty 10 Fortitude saving throw. The venom deals initial and secondary damage of 2 Constitution.
There's also an appendix that gives conversion guidelines for turning dice into BR damage bonuses. Because BR uses modifiers instead of the ability scores, you would have to halve this damage bonus.

Jon

Crothian said:
MnM is true classless where Blue Rose isn't so that might cause some problesm. Also, MnM uses the old numbers for attrutes, and assumes a higher level of power since some of the poiints are usually spent on super powers. It could be done but I think it would take some real work to get the numbers right.

I think it could be done with besm d20. That is, making BR classless. Not that I don't like BR as is, but using some of the point buy ideas of besm d20 might make the BR engine truly universal.

I will look into it.

BTW I'm still confused about iterative (sp?) attacks. Anyone has any ideas?
Thanks

:)

Wrathamon

Adventurer
Crothian said:
abilities that go lower then -5 are delt with the same as a zero attribute, its fully spelled out in the book.

okay that is better, thanks for clarifying. The previous answer made it seem like this was overlooked. It's good that it wasnt.

DanMcS

Explorer
Sorcica said:
I have given the pdf a quick read and I'm very imrpressed. I really want to use these rules right away.

I have one question for those with the pdf. I seem to be missing the part where it says that you get extra attacks for a high BAB. Or do PCs only get one attack a round?

I wonder how compatible BR is with MnM.... It would make it possible to do true point buy in BR. Input?

There were no iterative attacks in MnM. Since they were trying to trim stuff in BR as well, I doubt they put them back in.

Crothian

First Post
Wrathamon said:
okay that is better, thanks for clarifying. The previous answer made it seem like this was overlooked. It's good that it wasnt.

well, the answers I give are simple and not always fully complete for the whole topic at hande.....

Crothian

First Post
Sorcica said:
I think it could be done with besm d20. That is, making BR classless. Not that I don't like BR as is, but using some of the point buy ideas of besm d20 might make the BR engine truly universal.

I will look into it.

BTW I'm still confused about iterative (sp?) attacks. Anyone has any ideas?
Thanks

according to my close and personal friend Steve Kensen (who admittingly I don't even know ;) ) has said there are no extra attacks for a high BAB. so, single attacks only except with two weapon fighting

dvvega

Explorer
Is the fluff of the book easily adapted to another system? For example pure d20? Or are there too many "new" mechanics?

For example the skills thing you mentioned could be similar to the Unearthed Arcana skill options.

D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads