• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Let's Talk Blue Rose

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Fair, I guess.

How many races are there? Apart from humans, I saw some kind of cat in the fast-play...

Well, Blue Rose is about as cool a product as I thought it would be. I'm already prepping up some game stuff for it, and expect to see a lot of interest from my players, if I can ever round them all up.

The magic system is strongly geared towards my preferred flavor, so I'm excited about that.

I plan to steer my game more towards LeGuin and Dunsany than Lackey, however, but I don't see that being a problem in any way - romantic fantasy already has a lot in common with the mystical, lyrical writings of Earthsea and The King of Elfland's Daughter, so I'll have no troubles.

Crothian

First Post
heck, I'd love to take the rules and the influences and apply them to Thieves World game, but I know I could never do that with my current group. It'd be a very different and odd TW game, but it could be so cool......

Turanil

First Post
Arcane Runes Press said:
I plan to steer my game more towards LeGuin and Dunsany than Lackey, however, but I don't see that being a problem in any way - romantic fantasy already has a lot in common with the mystical, lyrical writings of Earthsea and The King of Elfland's Daughter, so I'll have no troubles.
Earthsea and Blue rose... that looks a great idea indeed. I would like to try the game in that contest. anyway, i am considering buying the PDF although I don't think I will ever run it.

Wrathamon

Adventurer
Okay since the Attributes are basically just the modifiers... how do they handle things like Ability damage? Poison for example?

curious

thanks

I have given the pdf a quick read and I'm very imrpressed. I really want to use these rules right away.

I have one question for those with the pdf. I seem to be missing the part where it says that you get extra attacks for a high BAB. Or do PCs only get one attack a round?

I wonder how compatible BR is with MnM.... It would make it possible to do true point buy in BR. Input?

:)

Crothian

First Post
Wrathamon said:
Okay since the Attributes are basically just the modifiers... how do they handle things like Ability damage? Poison for example?

curious

thanks

Poisons still does ability damage but there are no example poisons listed. I imagine its the same just the dice value is halved. So, d2 instead of d4s for instance.

Crothian

First Post
Sorcica said:
I wonder how compatible BR is with MnM.... It would make it possible to do true point buy in BR. Input?

MnM is true classless where Blue Rose isn't so that might cause some problesm. Also, MnM uses the old numbers for attrutes, and assumes a higher level of power since some of the poiints are usually spent on super powers. It could be done but I think it would take some real work to get the numbers right.

Remove ads