Level Up (A5E) Level Up: An Art Preview

Here's a quick look at just some of the diverse art you will find in the Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition hardcover rulebooks. Some of these are from the Core Rulebook, and others are from the Monstrous Menagerie. Halfling (Erik Davis-Helm) Tiefling (Erik Davis-Helm) Ranger (Mark Bulahao) Aboleth (Kim Van Deun) Faerie (Egil Thompson) Cambion (Yihyoung Li) Hobgoblin (Vinicius...

Here's a quick look at just some of the diverse art you will find in the Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition hardcover rulebooks. Some of these are from the Core Rulebook, and others are from the Monstrous Menagerie.

Halfing_-_Erik_Davis-Heim.jpg

Halfling (Erik Davis-Helm)

Tiefling_Explorer_-_Erik_Davis-Heim.jpg

Tiefling (Erik Davis-Helm)

Ranger_-_Mark_Bulahao.jpg

Ranger (Mark Bulahao)

th-27969383755-870x1080.jpg

Aboleth (Kim Van Deun)

th-27500586572-835x1080.jpg

Faerie (Egil Thompson)

th-27475865997-972x1080.jpg

Cambion (Yihyoung Li)

th-27475866047-420x595.jpg

Hobgoblin (Vinicius Wemeck)

th-27475865943-640x800.jpg

Basilisk (Sade)

th-28258715428-1528x1080.png

Chimera (Guilherme Sommermeyer)

th-28258736042-1528x1080.png

Behir (Guilherme Sommermeyer)

Faolyn

(she/her)
People hate Tilly because she is annoying(but that goes for 95% of characters on STD) not fat.

But when you mentioned it, officers, and especially young junior officers in military organization should be in peak physical condition and not be blubbering around with 10-15kg extra.
She's not annoying--at least not to me--and most of the complaints I've seen about her online are that she's fat.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
I just re-looked at the art, and I really also like that Tiefling. Lot's going on in that image, and it makes me want to go exploring. I really like the sun goggles...

Horwath

Legend
I just re-looked at the art, and I really also like that Tiefling. Lot's going on in that image, and it makes me want to go exploring. I really like the sun goggles...
I'm really not sold on the Tiefling art.

My favorites are Ranger, Faery and Behir.

But hey, that is why we have various artists and styles. Enough art for everyone's taste.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
People hate Tilly because she is annoying(but that goes for 95% of characters on STD) not fat.

But when you mentioned it, officers, and especially young junior officers in military organization should be in peak physical condition and not be blubbering around with 10-15kg extra.
How about don’t use blatantly fat phobic wording to make your point?

Wow.. there is a lot to unpack here. That said as someone who has served in the military I can assure you that there are quite a few real world military officers (including junior ones) that aren't in "peak physical condition", especially ones that serve in a non-combat role. I think your judgement here is based on an idealized notion and isn't realistic.

As for your claim that "People hate Tilly because she's annoying" in the overall scheme of things you may be correct that the majority of people that do dislike her dislike her because she's annoying, but from the forums and groups I'm in most of the complaints are because she is overweight so I think your claim is fairly specious.

Remove ads

Remove ads