Playtest (A5E) Level Up Playtest Document #9: Warlord v2

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Let me clarify, I am not angry or demanding really, I am just "meh, another playtest project that says it is soliciting ideas while it is merely gauging the waters". Like so many others before.
I don't know what that means. We post playtest docs and then post a survey. I thought that was clear.

Stalker0

Legend
I don't know what that means. We post playtest docs and then post a survey. I thought that was clear.

I think what Starfox is getting at (though I'm not saying he is correct), is the question of whether comments and feedback given in this forum are given any "weight" as compared to the surveys. Aka does providing feedback in the forums matter, or are the designers really just looking at the surveys and that is what is driving their decisions.

I remember asking Mike about it before I started my nitty gritty threads, and he mentioned that the surveys were the main feedback mechanism but that some of the designers are reading these threads and looking at comments/feedback, so that's what I have assumed with the threads I make. Of course, just because someone reads your thoughts doesn't mean they will agree :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I think what Starfox is getting at (though I'm not saying he is correct), is the question of whether comments and feedback given in this forum are given any "weight" as compared to the surveys. Aka does providing feedback in the forums matter, or are the designers really just looking at the surveys and that is what is driving their decisions.

I remember asking Mike about it before I started my nitty gritty threads, and he mentioned that the surveys were the main feedback mechanism but that some of the designers are reading these threads and looking at comments/feedback, so that's what I have assumed with the threads I make. Of course, just because someone reads your thoughts doesn't mean they will agree :)
It's about volume. The surveys have had thousands of respondents.

Stalker0

Legend
It's about volume. The surveys have had thousands of respondents.
Oh, the surveys I'm sure are incredibly helpful. I guess my biggest questions would be around the ability that have like 3 options.

For example, there were a few warlord ones where I thought 2 out of the 3 choices were solid, and the third one was garbage. So should that be a good rating, average? I actually wished the survey would dig down to the level of detail, so I can tell you if every choice is either good or bad, instead of the "wrapper".

Faolyn

(she/her)
Oh, the surveys I'm sure are incredibly helpful. I guess my biggest questions would be around the ability that have like 3 options.

For example, there were a few warlord ones where I thought 2 out of the 3 choices were solid, and the third one was garbage. So should that be a good rating, average? I actually wished the survey would dig down to the level of detail, so I can tell you if every choice is either good or bad, instead of the "wrapper".
There's a section for comments at the bottom.

dave2008

Legend
Let me clarify, I am not angry or demanding really, I am just "meh, another playtest project that says it is soliciting ideas while it is merely gauging the waters". Like so many others before.
Did you fill out the survey for warlord #1? They are not tracking the comments in the thread as much as responses to the survey. Morrus has told you the adjustments in warlord #2 area based on responses to the survey for warlord #1, yet you've ignored that. It seems like your are more interesting in being rude than providing constructive feedback.

Or do you think your comments are more important than thousands of survey responses?

Starfox

Hero
I think what Starfox is getting at (though I'm not saying he is correct), is the question of whether comments and feedback given in this forum are given any "weight" as compared to the surveys.
Surveys are a blunt instrument. They provide answers to the questions you pose, nothing more. So even if we have thousands of responses (WOW - that is great! I love the amount of interest!) all those reponses do is answer the questions in the form. People who post here donate their time to the project and address questions outside the very limited survey. Both have their use, but I can see how an aspect of the rules that got rated high in the surveys won't change, even if there are suggested changes in the thread that could potentially be valuable.

I have a migraine-child brewing, so my dyslexia is worse than usual - I try to catch the errors but I likely failed.

dave2008

Legend
Surveys are a blunt instrument. They provide answers to the questions you pose, nothing more. So even if we have thousands of responses (WOW - that is great! I love the amount of interest!) all those reponses do is answer the questions in the form. People who post here donate their time to the project and address questions outside the very limited survey. Both have their use, but I can see how an aspect of the rules that got rated high in the surveys won't change, even if there are suggested changes in the thread that could potentially be valuable.

I have a migraine-child brewing, so my dyslexia is worse than usual - I try to catch the errors but I likely failed.
I haven't taken all of the surveys so correct me if I am wrong, but don't the surveys have a field for comments beyond the yes/no questions? I believe the one i took did. That would be the best place to register your comments you want to impact the game I think.

EDIT: Yes, I confirmed that the surveys have a place for comments. @Starfox , that is were you are like to get the most traction for your comments
1614179656762.png

EDIT #2: I just checked and so far there have been 16 surveys, just an FYI.

Remove ads