"Levelless" d20?

kengar

First Post
I had seen this mentioned on the WOTC board but never heard of it before. Is this from someone's House Rules or is it an actual Rules Variant? Sounds interesting.

Psion

Adventurer
I've seen a PDF called dliberation20 which was pretty tepid and over complicated.

Mutants & Masterminds is almost levelless d20... but I wouldn't play the "truly levelless" variant.

kengar

First Post
BiggusGeekus@Work said:
I dunno. When you're modifing the rules that much, I'd suggest just looking at a new game like RuneQuest or Pendragon.

That's more or less what I was thinking, but the reference I read got me curious.

Judas

First Post
There's a d20 game out there, Mutants & Masterminds. Classless, leveless, No alignments, no hit dice, and use no other dice than the D20. Looks pretty good as I perused the book a few times.

Here's a quick snip of an interview about the game:
So in Mutants & Masterminds instead of rolling X dice of damage, each attack has a "damage bonus" that the target of the attack makes a saving throw against. The result of the saving throw determines what kind of damage they take: a successful save means no damage, while a failed save means they're hurt. How much depends on how badly they failed the saving throw. A really low save (or a really high damage bonus) can result in an instant knockout.

An added benefit is that you only need a single d20 to play Mutants & Masterminds because everything, from attack and damage rolls to skill and power checks, uses the same basic system.
grr2001_450.jpg

Last edited:

nHammer

First Post
The cover has "Worlds Greatest Superhero RPG" on the cover?...Somebody thinks highly of themselves:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Actually, I think it's more of a nod to Fantastic Four...but still..:D ;)

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I know of a pretty good .pdf file on converting d20 Modern to be a classless, level-less system. If anyone is interested, here is the contact info to get it (for free of course):

"Anyone who is interested in getting a copy of my point-based classless system can drop me a line at ialdabaoth@cableone.net and I will send you a copy. It is still essentially a beta version, but is quite complete and probably won't change much before the 1.0, except for added material.

Feedback on the system is very much appreciated.

-Leroy Van Camp III"

Voneth

First Post
nHammer said:
The cover has "Worlds Greatest Superhero RPG" on the cover?...Somebody thinks highly of themselves:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Actually, I think it's more of a nod to Fantastic Four...but still..:D ;)

From the review of the game at gamewyrd.com

"The World’s Greatest Superhero RPG!" – so announces the front of Green Ronin’s Mutants & Masterminds.

Brave words.

"The World’s Greatest Superhero RPG!" – that’s what it says on the front cover. The front cover is probably right.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases