• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Licensing so far....

Jackal2100

First Post
The IOS version of Dungeonscape is much farther along and when that is given general release, that should give people some peace of mind on the product's direction.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
You'll note, I have not tried to change anyone's mind on this thread. I am just trying to see how others feel.

You're also expressing your own opinion ("vaporware") and kind of rejecting the opinions of others as pedantry. So, what you're doing is not so clear to us - thus the reactions. Consider that, please.

mcbobbo

Explorer
OP is not alone. I also wouldn't give high marks to those few anointed ones. The only product I'm very happy about is the PHB itself, with the MM second. The rest is pretty underwhelming thus far.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Who's have I rejected ? The pedantry point was about debating a bad word I chose, rather than the point I was trying to make. If that was taken any other way, I clearly failed in my typing. Apologies.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
The modern agile development system still calls an alpha an alpha*. One of their own people said it is more alpha than beta so why not call it alpha?

So? What I said was that agile development does not wait for it to be feature complete to get it in front of users. Alpha or beta is a marketing distinction, not a real milestone of development.

People play the game already and have been playing it for months. There is no pdf available, nor any official digital tool. Those are facts and I don't see what's wrong in complaining about that if you intended to use those resources.

I think it's kind of charming that D&D feels like it's being published by a small, sometimes a little dysfunctional publisher again. The point is, it's a good game and we don't really need any of that stuff to enjoy it. Perhaps the lack of commercial alternatives will motivate people to create their own stuff and share it with the rest of the hobby.

Henrix

Explorer
Release date for the Starter and 1st Wave figures is Oct 29.

Thanks! I've looked, but could not find it anywhere. Where was it hidden?

I think it's kind of charming that D&D feels like it's being published by a small, sometimes a little dysfunctional publisher again. The point is, it's a good game and we don't really need any of that stuff to enjoy it. Perhaps the lack of commercial alternatives will motivate people to create their own stuff and share it with the rest of the hobby.

A very good point.
It is much easier to create houserules and invent new stuff if you're not locked down by software telling you how it is.

I do hope that Dungeonscape will allow easy modification, and make it easy to add and change new stuff.

Remove ads