• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

List of "gish" classes and PrCs?

Psion

Adventurer
Brent_Nall said:
I can't wait 'til 4th edition comes out . . . I'm going to start a publishing company and have exactly one product . . . a four page PDF of a new fighter/wizard base class . . . I'm gonna call it Gish.

:D

Worth every penny of the $5000. ;)

drothgery

First Post
GreatLemur said:
I think a pretty solid case could be made for the Swordsage, even though he doesn't technically cast spells.

Also, Jack Daniel's got a point: The Cleric basically qualifies. If you remove the whole "priest" flavor, you've got a guy in heavy armor with a medium BAB and proficiency with all simple weapons (which, honestly, does include some good stuff), and the ability to cast a whole slew of combat-appropriate spells. And, of course, this opens the door for the Druid and a whole slew of other divine classes.

... most notably Paladin and Ranger.

Eldragon

First Post
Divine spell casters don't qualify specifically because there are so many existing classes that make decent warrior-spellcasters.

The best the Arcane warrior in the core rules is the Bard. THE BARD. The bard is such a joke that it got completely written out of the new edition.

While some spells are shared across disciplines, arcane magic definitely has a certain style to it that sets it apart from divine magic.

GishBandit

Explorer
beldar1215 said:
Excuse my ignorance, but what does gish mean? I see it all the time and have no idea.

Beldar

Skill at arms and Wizardry all together.... In 3.5, the gish is really hard to do, having both Fighter abilities in attacks and the ability to cast arcane spells. At the same level as either a single class Wizard or a single class Fighter. it was easier done in first and second edition than in 3.5. Now, in 4E, they are specializing in classes with this ability to do both fight and cast arcane spells. :)

Remove ads