List of monsters confirmed in Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes

Are we certainly that there isn't anything on the following page...?

Going by the pages we have:

Bael - 170
Geryon - 173
Hutijin - 175
Moloch - 177
Titivilus - 179
Zariel - 180

Not much room there for any extras, other than between Bael and Geryon. Dispater is the only one who would fit there, and if there is only one higher than CR 26, they would have been able to fit it on this page. It seems more likely that Bael takes up 2 pages and we'll have some Hell artwork on page 172.

I, too, wonder what an "oinoloth" is. If it were the traditional Oinoloth, it should have a much higher CR, as being lord of the Wasting Tower traditionally gave one almost god-like powers. Beyond that, pretty much all the yugoloths I assumed would appear do show up, other than, oddly, the piscoloth.

Yeah. The Oinoloth is supposed to be a unique being. Yet for some reason the CR ratings put it below an Ultroloth. And your right strangely the Piscoloth is missing, which is odd cause they are one of the more iconic Yugoloth's from what I know. Maybe the Monsters by CR table made a mistake and called the Piscoloth the Oinoloth by mistake.

Yeah. The Oinoloth is supposed to be a unique being. Yet for some reason the CR ratings put it below an Ultroloth. And your right strangely the Piscoloth is missing, which is odd cause they are one of the more iconic Yugoloth's from what I know. Maybe the Monsters by CR table made a mistake and called the Piscoloth the Oinoloth by mistake.

Maybe they someone got the numbers reversed when entering it, and it's actually CR 21 (which would be reasonable)?

I can't see it being a mistake for piscoloth, as they are definitely mid-tier yugoloths, and would be around CR 9 or so, not nearer arcanaloths and utroloths. Granted, they have switched CR levels around before (see the abishai right in this list, for example!), and that would make far more sense than it being *the* Oinoloth. Or perhaps they've created a new yugoloth, based out of the Wasting Tower, with powers of waste and decay? In the end, however, this leaves piscoloths as the only yugoloth type that originated in 1e that hasn't gotten an update (other than the guardian daemons, who are at best forgettable), which is a pity, since if you want to update an aquatic based yugoloths, the crustacean piscoloths are far more unique than the hezru-like hydroloths, who did get an update...

gyor

Legend
I noticed that some non traditional races of demons and devils are in, like the Dybbuks.

Looking at what falls into what sections I'm fairly certain that Elder Tempest, Phoenix, Leviathan, Zaratan are the Elder Elementals.

Molydeus are CR 21 Demons who used to be Angels, is it by accident that they are CR 21 like Solars? The Solar now have none Archfiend equals.

I believe The Lonely, The Angry, The Hungry, The Lost are all Sorrowsworn, but 4e had no Sorrowsworn like these. In 4e Sorrowsorn we're ascended Shadar Kai and in 5e Shadar Kai are elves descended from the fey/celestials, so could the Sorrowsworn be Shadar Kai Fey? Do Sorrowsorn still count as elves.

I noticed that Eldarin are all CR 10 and called Winter/Autumn/Summer/Spring Eldarin, but the more traditional celestial Eldarin aren't mentioned. Given that all the seasonal eldarin are CR 10, I think they might make the celestial versions a templates for regular Eldarin. Maybe recycle the name Celdarin which we're half elf and half celestial Eldarin in 3e, just make them full Celestial Elves now

Remove ads