List of monsters confirmed in Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes

dave2008

Legend
The very first anouncment stream for it. When they were talking about monsters in the book. They said the Archdevils would be in the book. No link cause I can't remember the exact timestamp.

Thank you for the clarification! Yes, I basically remember that. I took that statement to mean that there will be Archdevils in it, not that there will be all of them in it. Also, did they say Archdevils or Archdukes, I can't remember? To me that was not confirmation that all of the nine / ten will be in it.

I think it is unlikely all of the nine will be in it for the simple reason it would tilt the balance of the book to much to a BoVD, instead of ToF

The newest D&D Beyond Video just confirmed that the Demon Lords are being reprinted. Also when they bring up the archdevils they do indeed say a number of them. So all of them may indeed not be in. I guess I could do without Levitus if they drop a few.

gyor

Legend
The newest D&D Beyond Video just confirmed that the Demon Lords are being reprinted. Also when they bring up the archdevils they do indeed say a number of them. So all of them may indeed not be in. I guess I could do without Levitus if they drop a few.

Asmodeaus is the one most likely not included as he is a God.

dave2008

Legend
They were confirmed right off the bat.

In the new D&D Beyond video Crawford says: "...so we have statistics for a number of arch devils"

Emphasis mine. That seems to suggest that we are not getting them all. Of course we could get all of the nine, and just not all of the arch devils.

Remove ads