• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

List of monsters confirmed in Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes

E

Elderbrain

UPDATE! I have updated the OP to list all the monsters known at this time - and will add more as they are mentioned in the thread or elsewhere. No more hunting!

gyor

Legend
NOW UPDATED!!!

This is a list of confirmed monsters in Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes. Please add more as they are announced!

Archdevils: Bael, Geyron, Moloch

Devils: Blue Abishai (Red, White, Black, and Green likely)

Demon Lords: Baphomet (Demogorgon, Orcus, Yeenoghu, Zugtomoy, Grat'tz, Jubliex, and Fraz-Ur'blu expected)

Demons Sibriex, Bulezau, Retriever (technically may be a Construct, but Demon-related)

Shadar-Kai: Gloom Weaver, Shadow Dancer, Soul Monger

Gith: Githyanki Supreme Commander, Githzerai Anarch

Eladrin: Winter Eladrin (Autumn, Spring and Summer likely)

Trolls: Dire, Spirit

Yugoloths: Marraenoloth, Canoloth

Elemental Mrymidons: Air, Earth (Water and Fire likely)

Undead: Nightwalker, Boneclaw, Allip, Vampiric Mist (Skull Lord likely based on picture on alternate cover)

Duergar: four types (will insert names later)

Berbelang

Giff (the hippo people from Spelljammer)

Cadaver Collector

Marut

Leviathan

Phoenix

Nagpa

Astral Dreadnought

Bahalanoth

Skulk

Elder Tempest

Frost Salamander

Tortles: Tortle and Tortle Druid

Bronze Scout

Choker

Eidolon

Star Spawn: number and names unknown

"The Wretched", "The Lonely" and "The Lost" - might be Sorrowsworn based on a reference to "Sorrowsworn wretched" I saw; if not, probably Demons)

I will edit this post periodically as I get more info!

The Wretches I think were little demons, but I guess they could be creatures of the Shadowfell, I don't know.

E

Elderbrain

Yeah, I know they were allies of the Sibirex in the fight vs. Moloch - does anybody know if they were summoned creatures? If so, probably demons. Still, unusual name tags for demons...

Saint_Ridley

Villager
I'm going to be so happy when I get this book. The Sibriex gives 5e an Obyrith presence (and the Obyrith element of Abyssal history was easily the best part of the first Fiendish Codex), getting some demon lords and archdevils put in one central place is always nice, I'll always take any new Gith stuff I can get, and the Cadaver Collector is my favorite construct. This might be my favorite supplement overall for the edition.

Remove ads