List of NPC Stat Blocks in VOLO'S GUIDE TO MONSTERS

One of the great things about the D&D 5E Monster Manual (a concept which I blatantly copied when creating the Bestiaries for WOIN) is the standardised NPC stat blocks which can be referenced by an adventure simply by bolding it. Volo's Guide to Monsters expands on that with a whole new bunch of NPC stat blocks, which I have listed below (thanks to @JohnnyZemo for kindly providing the list!)

One of the great things about the D&D 5E Monster Manual (a concept which I blatantly copied when creating the Bestiaries for WOIN) is the standardised NPC stat blocks which can be referenced by an adventure simply by bolding it. Volo's Guide to Monsters expands on that with a whole new bunch of NPC stat blocks, which I have listed below (thanks to @JohnnyZemo for kindly providing the list!)

Volos_Header_0.jpg

Abjurer
Apprentice Wizard
Archdruid
Archer
Bard
Blackguard
Champion
Conjurer
Diviner
Enchanter
Evoker
Illusionist
Kraken Priest
Martial Arts Adept
Master Thief
Necromancer
Swashbuckler
Transmuter
War Priest
Warlock of the Archfey
Warlock of the Fiend
Warlock of the Great Old One
Warlord​
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave

gyor

Legend
LOL.

For the record, the warlord's legendary actions are:
Weapon Attack
Command Ally
Frighten Foe

There are two types of rothé. The ordinary kind is just a cow with darkvision. The deep rothé, however, is Large, has more hit points, has darkvision, and can cast dancing lights at will.

It would be easy enough to take the blackguard statblock and convert it into another type of paladin, though. Its only "class" features are some basic paladin spells (no oathbreaker bonus spells) and a 1/rest use of the oathbreaker's Dreadful Aspect channel divinity power.

To make a devotion paladin, you could just take the blackguard, maybe tweak its spell list, and replace Dreadful Aspect with Sacred Weapon.

To make an ancients paladin, you could again tweak the blackguard's spell list and replace Dreadful Aspect with Nature's Wrath.

And so on ...

Regular Rothe have 15 hps, and darkvision 30' and are large, like the other cows, a Deep Rothe is stunted, only medium size, 60' darkvision, and dancing lights at will. Because Deep Rothe are only medium size, they actually qualify to be Beast Companions for Rangers, the other cows do not.

pukunui

Legend
Regular Rothe have 15 hps, and darkvision 30' and are large, like the other cows, a Deep Rothe is stunted, only medium size, 60' darkvision, and dancing lights at will. Because Deep Rothe are only medium size, they actually qualify to be Beast Companions for Rangers, the other cows do not.
You're right. I misread it as being Large instead of Medium rather than the other way around. Whoops!

gyor

Legend
You're right. I misread it as being Large instead of Medium rather than the other way around. Whoops!

No problems.

My favourite of these NPCs is the Kraken Priest. Its interesting because its a divine magic user who gets its power from a Kraken instead of a God. You could adust it to be a Beholder Cultist as well.

Remove ads

Remove ads