ZEITGEIST List of Pop Culture References in Zeitgeist

Bree is at least as old als LotR, I suppose :)

But I have to admit that I regularly draw comparisons to ZG in a couple of shows that I watched. The last ones were Carnival Row (d'oh), The Alienist and Fullmetal Alchemist.
And I still believe that there would be one WoW designer who knows RangerWickett's adventures.

I'm only now watching Penny Dreadful, so expect me to work in some references in upcoming adventures.

hirou

Explorer
I was today years old when I realized that Fourmyle reference to "The stars my destination" (which is listed in the very first post of this thread) refers to the novel which I've read a great deal of times in middle school under the name "Tiger, tiger" (and completely forgot the name of main character). Just recording my moment of shame here >_<

I was today years old when I realized that Fourmyle reference to "The stars my destination" (which is listed in the very first post of this thread) refers to the novel which I've read a great deal of times in middle school under the name "Tiger, tiger" (and completely forgot the name of main character). Just recording my moment of shame here >_<
Also, for my own edification, four miles are better than the three miles that formed the previous limit for many magical effects like resurrection.

Meigeall

Explorer
My players noticed that Alexander Grappa looks a lot like James Cromwell (when he portrayed farmer Arthur Hoggett in "Babe"). Eye color checks out.

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
My players noticed that Alexander Grappa looks a lot like James Cromwell (when he portrayed farmer Arthur Hoggett in "Babe"). Eye color checks out.
I thought he was supposed to be Spike Milligan. But then he’s not that well known in the States…

Lylandra

Adventurer
I know it probably wasn't intended, but one of my players last Sunday suggested that the goliath suplex the ghost train. (Final Fantasy VI)
hah, missed that one!
I suggested that, too. Unfortunately, there are no phoenix downs in Zeitgeist to oneshot the engine ;)

skelekon

Explorer
I couldn't see this Doctor Who reference mentioned anywhere already...

While working on a Fantasy Grounds conversion of the 4E hardcover version I noticed the Adventure 5 "Meanwhile in the News" articles are headed:
Doctor / Hue / Baker / Tenant / Smith / Reunion

(Actors Tom and/or Colin Baker, David Tenant & Matt Smith)

Remove ads