• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

literary campaign settings you'd like to see

Tom Cashel

First Post
Gravity's Rainbow D20

Take on the roles of Tyrone Slothrop and pals, pursued merrily through the Zone by "Them" at the twilight of WWII, desperately attempting to figure out the secrets of Laszlo Jamf, Imoplex G, and Rocket 00000. Cameo appearance and preface by Mickey Rooney. Fickt dir nicht mit dem Raketemensch!

kengar

First Post
Vaxalon said:

You're entirely wrong.

ADRP's main problem is that it's VERY highly GM-sensitive. A bad GM can foul it up VERY VERY badly.

On the other hand, a good GM and good players can make for the best roleplaying you've ever had.

Thanks for bringing that point up, Vaxalon. While I have never been lucky enough to play ADRP, I have read the rules and heard nothing but good things about it. It is considered by many to be the diceless system. Eventually, I will break down and try and get a copy from ebay or someplace just to own it. There it will sit, unused, next to my CoC books. :(

wolff96

First Post
In addition to the Black Company setting -- which would rock -- I would love to see the world of Stephen Brust's Jhereg series.

Using the wizard and the sorcerer as totally different, and adding Morganti weapons, you could come close with standard D&D... but it would be great to have all the setting material.

Furn_Darkside

First Post
Salutations,

Lumley's Necroscope- I just want to see the stats for Wamphyri and.. *drool* battle gauntlets.

Piers Anthony's Incarnations of Immortality series- a world where magic and technology have grown together. It would make a cool book to flip through- especially the epic prestige classes of the Incarnations.

Piers Anthony's Apprentice Adept series- a story about two worlds: one of high technology and one of high fantasy. The main character a slave in one world and a king in the other.

The biggest reason I would want this game is to have the olympic-like game system from the technology world. It is so fricken cool- it would be incredible to have it made for d20 statistics.

*sigh* One can dream.

FD

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
I'm surprised no one has yet mentioned Robert Silverberg's Majipoor. That would be my first choice.

I would follow it with Black Company and Earthsea.

Lady Dragon

First Post
I would like to see Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series think of some of the cool prestige classes that could be made from that world Dreamwalkers,Confessors,War wizards,Mord-sith,seekers,Baku Ban Mana blademasters and Prophets just to name a few of the cool possibilities

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
It's been discussed before, including reasons why it's not being done currently. But I think a simplified D20 game called "Muggles and Magicians" would be a fantastic way to introduce a new generation to gaming.

And it'd be a blast to play.

Daniel

Bihor

First Post
Duglas Adams's Hitchikers Guide of the galaxi.
I would love to play Bender..OOPS.. Marvin the Paranoid android

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads