Starfinder Little House In The Vast

Skitter shakes the lashunta's hand.

"Thanks for the heads up. We'll be careful out there."

The Ysoki then climbs into the vehicle. He waits for the broker to be out of earshot.

"We might have a problem. The proprietor said some bandits have taken up residency in your ship. Couldn't give me an exact number but said those three that just drove by are some of them. Don't think their going to just give it up when you show them the pink slip."

"You mean those ruffians who just went by?" Zyzzy asks. Checklist be damned, "Is everyone onboard?" Impatience is obvious in her voice. "They will presumably show us the safest, most direct route to the ship if we follow them."

Kaodi

Hero
OOC: Yes, they are in your ship. Sorry - you are correct, I forgot to consider the fact that you could not know there are no other abandoned ships.

Kaodi

Hero
Zyzzy revs up the buggy and once everyone has climbed on board she immediately backs up, shifts into forward, then gets moving following the same path out of town that the other vehicle had taken. The flattened dirt 'streets' of town with tufts of scruffy blue grass growing around the edges of buildings quickly transitions into wide open tracts of rough land, dotted with grasses and other plants gently swaying in the wind.

Following the tracks left by the bandits is not difficult, and as soon as you swing around a low outcropping of rock you have them back in your sights not too far off. Of course the flip side is that when the vesk looks back towards town he sees you too. He barks something at his two companions and the driver glances over his shoulder. It appears then that their buggy starts to speed up.

Zyzzy allows them to get some distance. "We were spotted. I'm going to turn a random direction and then come back to this spot in a moment." And she does that. She turns 60 degrees to the right. Travels about 20 seconds, turns 60 degrees and goes 20 seconds and then turns 60 degrees again and goes 20 second. A minute later she is roughly where she started.

[ooc: And assuming they aren't just sitting there waiting to see what we are doing, she turns and follows the path they were on. I'm assuming there's enough scrub that being 1 minute behind them is enough to not be seen. If it isn't she will make a wider triangle.]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Sobec holds one big hand on top of his pack on his lap, shielding his eyes with the other hand from the sun - and, also, from the tiny orb of starlight that orbits around the solarian even while the buggy races across the streets - to look at the bandits. He takes particular note of the other vesk, insofar as he hasn't seen enough when they rushed by back at the broker.

When Zyzzy makes a sharp turn, and then another three, he grabs hold of the seat and the side of the buggy. "Careful, girl; we want to survive long enough to get there," he says cheerfully, obviously enjoying this minor jab at the android.

OOC: As a mercenary, do I recognize anything to mark the bandits as either other mercenaries or some threat Sobec has encountered before? And anything particular I can tell about the vesk?
Also, sorry, I'll post my sheet in the RG soon; internet was out so couldn't do so before.

Kaodi

Hero
OOC: The bandits do not appear to have any sort of regular markings to indicate association with a mercenary group or paramilitary outfit. There is nothing particular special about the vesk, though he seems to favour his size. As a vesk yourself you would be more finely attuned to when a vesk has one of those faces that begs for a fist to be planted in it. This guy definitely has that going on.

CharlotteOz

Explorer
Tara takes the time to fine-tune the scope on her rifle and double-check all contacts and focusing lasers. "If there's bandits on the ship, I'm pretty sure we can get them out of there - assuming we aren't outnumbered. They don't typically have a lot of fire discipline - they just give it loads and hope they hit something."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases