D&D 5E Live tweets from gencon 5e Seminar

Ugh. By the looks of it they are at least two years away from a finished product. This is getting ridiculous. I wish they would stop this public playtesting and commentary--it is too much of a long, drawn out tease.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Q: Any plans for more world and setting books?

Mike: We can say we're planning on some time in 2014, but we still have a lot of work to do. We want it to be easy to run older material. I run stuff as is, populating it with D&D Next versions of monsters to make sure it works. So yes, that's very important to us going forward.
Thanks, Corrosive, for posting this.

Does this count as confirmation that 5E (whatever Mearls calls it) will be released in 2014?

Blackbrrd

First Post
Ugh. By the looks of it they are at least two years away from a finished product. This is getting ridiculous. I wish they would stop this public playtesting and commentary--it is too much of a long, drawn out tease.
Ah lol, this is probably the first whining about the playtest I really agree with. :D

gyor

Legend
The dread live tweets were more detailed. Bard's subclasses are called colleges. The warlord like one is called.the college of valour. I wonder if there will a college of faith. I like that Dragonborn and.tieflings are confirmed for next paxket as well as Kender and Warforged.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter

Or, you know... you could just stop reading the commentary.

What's a much more likely position for you to get what you want (which apparently is not being teased with info)? Them stopping commentary altogether, or you just not following it? ;)

Remathilis

Legend
Sadly, the recent discussion on "The Planes" a few months back dimmed my hopes for Planescape and Ravenloft as top five settings. Sigil has been fully integrated into the core planar assumptions for a while now, and Ravenloft has slowly shrunk to just be Strahd/Barovia.

My five are : Realms, Eberron, Athas, Krynn, and either Nerrath or Oerth.

Sadly, the recent discussion on "The Planes" a few months back dimmed my hopes for Planescape and Ravenloft as top five settings. Sigil has been fully integrated into the core planar assumptions for a while now, and Ravenloft has slowly shrunk to just be Strahd/Barovia.

My five are : Realms, Eberron, Athas, Krynn, and either Nerrath or Oerth.

Really? If anything, I'd gotten the exact opposite sense from it. I mean, they want to make sure the return to the Great Wheel cosmology doesn't automatically enforce Planescape on DMs who don't like that "Hey, you got your Planescape in my Forgotten Realms!" "Hey, you got your Forgotten Realms in my Planescape!" crossover that was so common in the 2E days, but from what we've been hearing from Legends & Lore, these live tweets and especially Wyatt's Wandering Monsters column, Planescape sounds like a shoo-in.

EDIT: I fear you're right about Ravenloft, though. It sounds like they want to carve out a niche for it for DMs who want to run it, but they're not necessarily going to produce any material for it, other than reprints of the old stuff.

Remove ads