• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Living 4th Edition Discussion Thread

Dunamin

First Post
Thanks for the clarifications on character approvals, Halford, cov, and Graf!

I corrected what was left. Thanks.
What do you think of my background? Took me a lot of effort to put that in english :D
I think Mri’Thas’ history was a great read, very involving to follow!
I’m reminded of the movie Enemy at the Gates, where Danilov hides among corpses as well (even though that cuts him little slack).

Thanks for adjusting your sheet.
I think there’s still a tiny bit of corrections left – your Powers To-Hit section has different attack bonuses for some spells that seem like they should have been the same, unless I overlooked a modifier somewhere. Also, as Graf noted, you’ll have to pick your second daily power to choose among in your spellbook.

Glad to see you guys like the Reconciliation, it’s very much an organization that’s intended to appeal to the PCs.

Halford

First Post
Well since I have two, possibly three Gith, in my group I am definetly looking into featuring plots with the Reconciliation and the invasion of Ea.

By the way Voda Vosa, I mulled over whether I could cope with six PCs and whether I was happy with three giths in the group. Since I answered yes and yes, you are very welcome to join. I'll post a response from Tyrion shortly.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Ok, since help is needed and games are pretty slow, i think I have some hours on my hand to check some characters. Would someone please repeat (sorry) the procedure I should follow?

Graf

Explorer
Have giths always been this popular?
Gith are interesting.

• They are flavorful and interesting; they have a lot of what WotC calls "traction"
  • They generally fit... poorly in game settings.
    • You can't play them in FR, in a way that really connects well with the setting.
    • They work good in PS (but so does everything)
    • They were extensively reworked in Spelljammer and DS.
    • Arguably the Kalashar in Eberron are actually restructured Gith except they're not ugly (racial war, human projenitors, escaping to another plane to live a monastic lifestyle oriented around psionic development).
      • Naturally this precludes gith really working well. (I had a whole sub plot planned for s@s eberron game where my dwarf thought that our gith was actually a "really ugly human" and tried to get the clerics to "cure whatever curse the lad's under")
Also, in 3.x they were LA+ so.... Anyway it was usually messy. Githzerzai +6 to dex was usually were leveraged to compensate producing some nasty characters (i.e. weapon finesse + dex + magic items to push up dex to the mid-high 20s... I don't want to call it cheesy but it's very focused and your class choices are limited too.)

So it's a great race that people couldn't usually play.

Our setting is unusual in that it has Gith in a way that is more pure than most settings but has them fairly tightly integrated (Dunamin did a great job threading the needle on this if I do say so myself).

It seems natural to me OOC.

IC.... Given that they're raiders and warriors and engaged in a holy crusade (in one way or another) it would be easy to say "some sort of Gith holy grail has been sighted near Daunton" and/or "The prophesy suggests that there is some secret hidden in the Great Library that could tip the conflict".

Stuff like that.

Last edited:

Dunamin

First Post
Approved Brudd Brassback.

I don't know the Rules as Written on Large item price and weight, but it doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Brudd can easily carry his gear even if Large items are considered 150 % weight and any price difference will be neglible after he's been out adventuring a little.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Sure Alexander is on the team. About Incarnation I think I didn't catch sonegod's response...
Mainly because I hadn't given one yet (was on travel).

E13 might be running a game tied to my background, which would be interesting. Some folks from our KotS game might be in as well. But, Incarnation isn't too choosy. As this point, call him "neutral" in seeing what develops.

renau1g

First Post
The only completed PCs who I can make out are lacking the approval needed to be approved are Quagmire (who needs some very minor changes to get my approval) and Brudd (who has one approval from Graf).

What about Siblyx? Do I need to e-mail the judges asking for approval?

Remove ads