Lizard Folk

whatisitgoodfor

First Post
Could someone be polite enough to post the relevant facts for a Lizard Man (or woman) character? The DM decided to let us fight a black dragon (APL +5) after a couple of other encounters, so a few of us need to make new characters.

I decided to play a Lizard man, but he went on a trip and has the DMG with him.

Thanks in advance.

Crothian

First Post
+1 CR, +2 Str, +2 Con, -2 Int, +2d8 HP, +1 BAB, +3 ref, +5 nat armor, -3ranks/skill, +6 jump, +8 swim, +4 balance, Multi-attack, weapon proficeincy

That's out of the DMG, pg 58.

Fisk

First Post
Just curious….

How many people are playing creature/characters? I have always had a problem with them and feel that a creature PC would have major social issues in a campaign.

By the way “Whatisitgoodfor” nice new look…. it seems like something is missing though…. hmmm.

SpikeyFreak

First Post
Fisk said:
How many people are playing creature/characters? I have always had a problem with them and feel that a creature PC would have major social issues in a campaign.

I agree. Unless it was a very liberal society, it seems to me like a lizard man walking around would catch a lot of prejudices.

By the way “Whatisitgoodfor” nice new look…. it seems like something is missing though…. hmmm.

Please tell me you aren't talking about his avatar. They're all disabled.

--Shrinking Spikey

whatisitgoodfor

First Post
About the Avatar, you have no idea how remorseful (sp?) I am about the loss of "The Smiley Face of Warr."

The really important part that I needed was the ECL of the Lizard Man. I have a lot of trouble believing that its only +1.

BTW, why would there be any major prejudices against Lizard Men? The only one I can think of off the top of my head would be their savage culture.

There should, in fact, be a lot less against them than Half-Orcs. At least the Lizard Men never lead slaving parties out of their swamps. Yall do remeber that the Lizard Men are a neutral aligned race, correct?

Holy Bovine

First Post
I played (in a very short lived campaign) a Lizardman Cleric. It was a lot of fun and he had more trouble adapting to human society than human society had with him (if that makes any sense).

I played him as a relative innocent in the ways of humankind and he was very direct and blunt in his views (which i felt fell in line with his primitive. savage, swamp-dwelling background)

As far as ECL+1 goes they really don't get as much as Drow elves who are ECL +2 * (no magic abilites and that -3 ranks/skill is pretty crippling to many classes)

* = I think I don't have the book in front of me and am going on memory only

Crothian

First Post
But half orcs are less alien. Also, while neutral they will do Anything to insure the continued existance of their species. They do occasionally serve or ally themselves with evil creatures. So, prejudice should be expected.

I have prejusdices in all my cities against other races. It's bound to happen. A Lizard Folk is bigger then normal humans and with their tail can cause some problems.

reapersaurus

First Post
whatisitgoodfor said:
The DM decided to let us fight a black dragon (APL +5) after a couple of other encounters, so a few of us need to make new characters.
WHAT is with these DM's that have such hard-ons for dragons??!! LOL
Here's a tip for your DM: you aren't REQUIRED to include a overpowering (or underpowered) dragon in your campaign.
Just say "No". :)

Anyone wanna do a comparison between the lizardfolk and the Saurials?
Saurials are +2.. I'm wondering if it's "worth it."

whatisitgoodfor

First Post
Here's a tip for your DM: you aren't REQUIRED to include a overpowering (or underpowered) dragon in your campaign.

You're tellin' me. In that night of gaming, the encounters we had were, (oh yeah, the party is 7 lv5 PCs and 1 lv8 guide NPC) An 11 headed hydra (CR 10), a group of Lizard Men (CR 5 or so), A Storm Giant (CR 13), a group of 8 Ogres (CR 8), and an adult black dragon (CR 10).

By the time we had gotten to the Dragon, the NPC and three PC's were dead. How good do you think the DMing is when the party is forced to run from 1/2 of the fights?

Oh yeah, forgot about the Green Hag (CR5).

milo

First Post
Was your DM just trying to kill you with that adventure? The only time we ever had an adventure with that many tough enemies was RTTOEE. I think we have just scratched the surface so far but we will soon start losing characters.

Now for your question, I think that playing a monstrous character would just take some good roleplaying. I also think that an ECL +1 is about right. I would like to run one but don't think my DM would let me. He isn't mean, but he tries to keep the party fairly balanced. I will have to bring it up when my character dies next time.

NOT THAT MY OPINION MATTERS

Remove ads