Loki! (spoiler thread)

Argyle King

Legend
The more I think about the show, the less I think that I like it.

A lot of aspects of it are fun and interesting. But I also find that I dislike how things added through this show change the MCU (past and future) as a whole.

Going forward, the MCU seems to be focusing on time-travel and shapeshifters as ways to re-write things. Both are personal pet peeves of mine when it comes to shows and movies, so I think I'm in the minority of people who has an overall less-good opinion of where the MCU will be going in the future.

I imagine I'll still watch many of the movies, but my enthusiasm isn't as high as it was before.

Stalker0

Legend
I will say thst Mauler (he does the unbridled rage videos on YouTube that deconstruct various movies).

he did a fun side by side, showing Loki battling in previous movies vs in the Loki show. I knew Loki was looking weak but man when you see it side by side he really is pathetically weak compared to early incarnations

I will say thst Mauler (he does the unbridled rage videos on YouTube that deconstruct various movies).

he did a fun side by side, showing Loki battling in previous movies vs in the Loki show. I knew Loki was looking weak but man when you see it side by side he really is pathetically weak compared to early incarnations
That bugged me too. Like they seemed to completely forget that he is supposed to have super strength and has hard time dealing with normal humans. o_O

Staffan

Legend
That's a thing that's bugged me since Ragnarok at least. Asgardians are supposed to be inherently super-strong. Not Thor-level strength, but at least "throw cars around easily" strength. I'm pretty sure this is established in Thor 1, and we see this a couple of times in Agents of SHIELD, but the Asgardian refugees in Thor: Ragnarok and Infinity War seem to be completely defenseless.

And yes, the obvious counter is "But Loki is a frost giant, not an Asgardian". But frost giants seem to have similar physical abilities as Asgardians, and if Loki was significantly weaker than his Asgardian peers it would have been pretty obvious that something was up with him much sooner.

That's a thing that's bugged me since Ragnarok at least. Asgardians are supposed to be inherently super-strong. Not Thor-level strength, but at least "throw cars around easily" strength. I'm pretty sure this is established in Thor 1, and we see this a couple of times in Agents of SHIELD, but the Asgardian refugees in Thor: Ragnarok and Infinity War seem to be completely defenseless.

And yes, the obvious counter is "But Loki is a frost giant, not an Asgardian". But frost giants seem to have similar physical abilities as Asgardians, and if Loki was significantly weaker than his Asgardian peers it would have been pretty obvious that something was up with him much sooner.

Loki is also the "runt of the litter" when if comes to Frost Giants. And, at least in the MCU, he is scrawnier than almost all the Asgardians. This is part of why he learns to use agility and wit and tricks to stay alive and succeed in Asgard. Also, while it is not a big difference, variant Loki is from the end of the first Avengers movie, so he does not have the skills and knowledge the main timeline Loki gained over several more movies. He should be a little weaker and less skilled than the original.

Loki is also the "runt of the litter" when if comes to Frost Giants. And, at least in the MCU, he is scrawnier than almost all the Asgardians. This is part of why he learns to use agility and wit and tricks to stay alive and succeed in Asgard. Also, while it is not a big difference, variant Loki is from the end of the first Avengers movie, so he does not have the skills and knowledge the main timeline Loki gained over several more movies. He should be a little weaker and less skilled than the original.
In Avengers he casually beats captain America in physical fight. He seems to be far stronger.

Staffan

Legend
Weak for an asgardian, yes. But that should still be an order of magnitude stronger than a human.

MarkB

Legend
Hela drew her power from Asgard. Maybe that's true to a small extent for all Asgardians, and the loss of their homeworld did diminish them.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus

The Asgardian gods are supposed to be that strong. The Asgardian commoners are a bit stronger on average than humans.

Remove ads