• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Long live the Game!

Dyir

First Post
I haven't gotten to DM or play D&D or any other pen-and-paper RPG in years. I have a close group of friends and we used to get together every weekend and have a great time. But you know the story: marriage, work, extended families, and babies make finding time to schedule a game impossible. So I contented myself with video games, reading books and message boards, and tinkering with game systems on my own.

This weekend my wife told me that she missed playing D&D and wanted to play a one-on-one game with just the two of us. She made two PC's, a halfling monk and a human paladin using a 4E heartbreaker that I've been working on, and I decided to run them through Pathfinder's Curse of the Crimson Throne adventure path. By the end of the night, her monk had tripped an alligator multiple times, her paladin had vaporized the villain-of-the-week with the wrath of her goddess, and she'd uttered a stunned “What? WHAT?!?” at the ending plot twist of the first session. Now I remember why I'd missed this game so much and we're looking forward to next week's game.

Long live D&D, in whatever form it takes at whatever table where you find yourself!

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
yahoo meetups, ENWorld's Gamers seeking gamers (if it gets restored), google hangouts, the many virtual table tops...

you can play again.

(but I guess you already are)

Dyir

First Post
My wife is great. She's been there since those halcyon days in late 2E when I first discovered D&D, through the d20 boom and aftershocks, through the World of Darkness and so much else. I couldn't ask for a better partner in life.

God I wish my wife played...Skyrim and other RPG type games on our xbox is as close as she gets...

Amusingly, although my wife is an avid gamer, she's been mostly into console games. She flat-out refuses to play anything that uses WASD, so she's okay with Torchlight 2 but very little else. All attempts to use a controller have failed simply because there are too many buttons to map in most cases!

Lauren

First Post
I know the feeling, I haven't been able to run or play in years so I've had to settle with Fallout 3, Oblivion , and Skyrim but I'm always looking...

Remove ads