• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

looking for a weapon for my melee-focused hexblade.

krupintupple

First Post
basically, my CN 10th level hexblade is without a greatsword, after a rather lucky hill giant sundered it into pieces, that fell into fast-rushing water. the campaign takes place in the forgotten realms, near the greypeak mountains, so i'd have to say that the most common monster types are aberrations, magical beasts, dragons and undead. since roughly 75% or more of the beasts we battle seem to be chaotic, i would've loved to have an axiomatic greatsword, but can't hold it due to my own alignment. i'm leaning holy then, since 90% of battles are evil, but am wondering if there's a better weapon out there for me. i've taken a dip in warblade for some maneuvres, and my level for that stuff is 5, for what it's worth.

note, i used a lesser vampiric crystal from the magic item compendium, so every hit heals me 3 hp. not too shabby, but it does add up.

kitcik

Adventurer
Holy is a +2 equivalent. If you are facing such a limited array of foes, could you cover almost all of them with 2 applications of Bane instead? Bane rocks if you use it enough.

Others I like from an offensive perspective are Warning and Valorous.

krupintupple

First Post
hmm, valourous sounds cool, especially since she's played like a gladiator too. i'd like bane, but hate to be married to such a specific and narrow list, even if its two.

there's also enhancements from the ToB that give you a +3 to attack rolls, as long as you're in the same stance as the enchantment of the weapon. that's nice, but i'm wondering...

Maybe a Valourous Iron Heart Greatsword, so I can charge at foes, and then, relying on the boost from the ToB enhancement, "spend" the 3 BAB for +6 Damage from power attack...interesting.

Angrydad

First Post
Holy is a +2 equivalent. If you are facing such a limited array of foes, could you cover almost all of them with 2 applications of Bane instead? Bane rocks if you use it enough.

Others I like from an offensive perspective are Warning and Valorous.
YES! Bane against Abberations would go a long way, similarly Magical Beasts. Those two broad categories cover tons of monsters, so they're worth it, I'd say.

Remove ads