Looking for AD&D Character Sheet Recreations

Warunsun

First Post
Greetings.

For the past eight months or so I have been musing with my local game group about running a retro AD&D campaign. Obviously, this was before that WotC announced the Gygax Memorial Reprints. Now that these reprints are going to be available I might convince enough of my players to give it a try. I have tracked down several good reconstructions of the goldenrod-era AD&D character sheets suitable for laser printing. While I enjoy these myself several of my players would rather have the iconic character sheets as presented in their youth. Most of them used the REF 2: Character Record Sheets (as reprinted for Second Edition) as code TSR 9264. This was the "green" version rather than the white & orange ones.

I am not looking for scans of the old sheets. I am looking for quality reproductions or cloned new sheets that are 99.44% essentially the same. Scans, including the ones that Wizards used to sell thru rpgnow.com, are quite honestly sub-standard for today's computers and printers. They look terrible when you print them.

There are some amazing reproductions out there. I just haven't seen one for the green sheet. I can probably make one myself but looking to avoid re-inventing the wheel if possible.

Has anyone made any "green sheet" recreations?
You can PM me if you would rather not reply to the thread.
Thanks again.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Are you looking for a recreation of the AD&D 2nd edition sheet from REF 2? Or is there an earlier 1E sheet? (TSR tended to be confusing about their Character Sheet product codes).

Cheers!

Warunsun

First Post
Are you looking for a recreation of the AD&D 2nd edition sheet from REF 2? Or is there an earlier 1E sheet? (TSR tended to be confusing about their Character Sheet product codes).
Aye. TSR was confusing at times. :)

The Irishman did do a recreation of the original REF2 sheet (which I call the white and orange sheet). All of his character sheets are pretty much awesome.

My plan is run a mostly AD&D first edition campaign with some house rules aimed toward simplifying some stuff. Any of his recreated sheets can work nicely. Two of my players have expressed a desire to use the green sheets if possible. While technically the green sheets say "2nd Edition" on them they are actually just the first edition REF2 sheets without the Unarmed Combat section and a shrunken Honor section and no Comeliness. There isn't even a spot for "Kits" which was a big part of 2E. And they are green. :)

Water Bob

Adventurer
Check through the downloads at the Dragonsfoot forum. There's a decent chance that you'll find exactly what you're looking for there.

Light Knight

First Post
Aye. TSR was confusing at times. :)

The Irishman did do a recreation of the original REF2 sheet (which I call the white and orange sheet). All of his character sheets are pretty much awesome.

My plan is run a mostly AD&D first edition campaign with some house rules aimed toward simplifying some stuff. Any of his recreated sheets can work nicely. Two of my players have expressed a desire to use the green sheets if possible. While technically the green sheets say "2nd Edition" on them they are actually just the first edition REF2 sheets without the Unarmed Combat section and a shrunken Honor section and no Comeliness. There isn't even a spot for "Kits" which was a big part of 2E. And they are green. :)

I have original unused orange sheets....and white photocopies of the ones in that link labelled:

AD&D2 1st Edition Character Record Replicas

note..not replicas, but originals..

Is_907

First Post
I'd check Welcome to Dragonsfoot for them... not sure if any of those are super close to the original, but they work really well.

Also, there's a nice character sheet in the OSRIC book / PDF. (OSRIC) that would work very well.

But... if you're going for the retro look and feel, I'd just suggest used bookstores.
Half Price Books around here often has the 2e character sheet packs.

JSullivan

First Post

Attachments

• pre.jpg
    pre.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 3,012

Remove ads