• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lord of the Rings: Two Towers - Best Quotes

Enchantress

First Post
I liked how Gollum kept calling Sam 'Fat Hobbit'. Loved the Dwarf women discussion, the Gimli and Legolas scenes, and when Legolas told Aragorn that he was late and that he looked terrible. And when Gimli said "where is he? I'm gonna kill 'em!" When Aragorn was back, and when the screen showed all the elves on the wall and you could only see his helmet. In fact, until he talked I completely missed him all together. "You couldna picked a better spot!" And I also liked...Ah, hell, I liked the whole thing!
P.S. I went with my sister on opening night, and the whole way home we kept saying, "We must go back...No! no we mustn't...Yes we should! (Gollum)

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
"Well, they don't need their legs, do they?"
And on a more ominous note,
"Why doesn't she do it?"
Also, another vote for the fish-slapping song.

Demiurge out.

Bob Aberton

First Post
So many good ones! I agree with all of the above. But I'd like to add:

Theoden (As he dons his armor): "Where is the horse and the ride? Where is the horn that was blown? They have passed like rain upon the mountains, like wind on the meadow. The days have gone down into the West, behind the hills into Shadow. How did it come to this?"

That was an awesome monologue right there. As a nice touch, if you noticed, the sun was setting outside the windows as he was talking.

Wormwood

Adventurer
After five viewings, I have to say the the line that get's the best audience reaction is Gollum speaking to Smeagol:

"You don't *have* any friends. Nobody likes *you*"

And the line that sends the biggest chill through the audience? Gollum again:

"Murderer."

I love Gollum.

Asmo

First Post
I like the one when Aragorn is on the ground with his ear tight to the grass : " They have quickened their pace" (or something similar). It was just cool,what a ranger!

Asmo

mooby

First Post
Theoden's monologue:

Where is the horse and the rider
Where is the horn that was blowing
They have passed like rain on the mountains
Like wind in the meadow
The days go down in the west
Behind the ends
into shadow

Prince Atom

Explorer
My girlfriend and I really liked Smeagol's "I'm not listening!". We'd had a discussion (of sorts) earlier that day in which "I'm not listening - LALALALALALALALALA!!!" came up as a topic -- especially the KODT strip in which Bob & Dave shield their ears from the whispering zephyr.

TWK

Zaruthustran

The tingling means it’s working!
Favorite line from movie:

When Aragorn, Gimli, and Legolas are surrounded by riders, and Eomer threatens to kill Gimli.

Legolas (quickdraws bow and arrow): "You die first!"

Favorite line that unfortunately was NOT in the movie:

Legolas reunites with Gimli in Helm's deep. Gimli describes the joys of axe fighting on the walls. Legolas replies with his account of fighting in the heights.

Legolas: "It was knife work up there."

Spooky.

-z

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads