lorraine williams (includes opinions from Gygax et al)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnwyn

First Post
The Grumpy Celt said:
I still wonder where she is now.
Mistwell said:
Anybody know where she went to work after leaving TSR?

From WizarDru's post (#9):
WizarDru said:
Apparently, after selling the company in 1997, Lorraine Williams moved to Germany and has since disappeared from the gaming industry and public radar.
This is what I remember as well.

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
WizarDru said:
Apparently, after selling the company in 1997, Lorraine Williams moved to Germany and has since disappeared from the gaming industry and public radar.

(Grumpy starts trembling and he clenches his teeth)

Will… not… trigger…Godwin’s law…

(Grumpy lets out a long breath)

Well, I hope things are well for her as she goose-steps down to the beer hall… I mean… uh… I hope things are going well for her in her adopted home.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Robbastard said:
Sorry you took it personally, but if you'll note, I'm not the one who brought her up in the first place.

Dude, I didn't take it personally. As a moderator, it is part of my job.

You apparently did not read The Rules, as I suggested, or you'd know that you're not supposed to discuss things like this in-thread. Go, read the rules, and if you have further questions or comments, take them to e-mail with one of the mods. Our addresses are available in a post stickied to the top of the Meta forum.

rvalle

First Post
Robbastard said:
Don't know, but I was able to find her home address online a few years back--I think she lives in Chicago.

Wow... has Chicago moved to Germany? :)

>I< live in Chicago(ish). I can state that, so far, I've not run into her.

rv

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Well, her brother is Flint Dille. Flint is still a fairly public figure, and shouldn't be too difficult to contact. In fact, he's on LinedIn.com, though I do not have paid access so I cannot email him directly there.

About Flint Dille

Flint Dille is one of the most experienced and respected creators in the video game business today. Flint's career includes extensive animation writing, editing, and/or producing for hit television animation programs including G.I. Joe, Inhumanoids, The Transformers animated feature, and American Tail II: Fievel Goes West. Flint is also active in the live-action feature film business, having co-created and co-executive produced Dimension's 2005 cult horror film, Venom (aka Backwater). Flint is consistently the game publisher's "go-to" writer for major franchise properties, including Fantastic Four 2, The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, Teen Titans, Dead to Rights, Superman Returns, James Bond: Tomorrow Never Dies, Soviet Strike, Nuclear Strike, and two upcoming projects official announcements for which are pending. In addition to his full slate of video game work, Flint has an original game/multimedia property in development and a book about video game writing (co-written with his frequent writing partner John Zuur Platten) that is expected to be published within the year. Flint, grandson of the creator of Buck Rogers, has also written for comics and worked for game company, TSR.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Mistwell said:
Well, her brother is Flint Dille. Flint is still a fairly public figure, and shouldn't be too difficult to contact. In fact, he's on LinedIn.com, though I do not have paid access so I cannot email him directly there.
I wonder if he conspired with his sister on the running (or converting) of TSR business.

T. Foster

First Post
Flint Dille was a friend of Gary Gygax's during his Hollywood exile and they co-wrote the "Sagard the Barbarian" series of Choose Your Own Adventure books and an unproduced D&D Movie screenplay. The story, as I understand it, is that when Gygax returned to Lake Geneva in mid-1985 and was trying to save TSR from the brothers Blume's mismanagement, he was looking for an outside person to bring in to help get the company's finances back into shape and his friend Flint recommended his sister...

prosfilaes

Adventurer
Ranger REG said:
At least you got a letter of warning. They could just skipped that part and send a court summon.

Not if I understand civil law right. The first obligation in civil law is that the two parties make an attempt to resolve the issue. TSR had to send him a letter first. They could have demanded money, but going to court would have cost TSR money and taken time and energy, whereas a C&D is pretty cheap to draft and send. TSR would have had to have been pretty actively stupid, not just foolish, to do more than send him a C&D; heck, even most cut and dried copyright infringements are handled with a C&D.

The Little Raven

First Post
Henry said:
I figured if this thread went long enough we'd find somebody hit first-hand by the TSR online fiasco. :) As an example of attitudes of present-day companies, look how much product identity is thrown around even on this board, when doing everything from discussing Forgotten Realms developments, to the Plots and Places and Character forums, etc. If WotC had jumped on every fan discussing Elminster or Bigby like they used to, I seriously doubt 3E would have been as popular as it was (and is), because the word of mouth would have been much smaller.

Yeah. TSR punked me at 13, and the IRS punked me at 17 (apparently, I had been evading taxes since before my birth; it turned out to be simply because of clerical errors with my SSN).

I think WotC really understands that you can't control this kind of dialogue between fans, and it serves your best interests to allow it, because discussion breeds interest.

Ranger REG said:
At least you got a letter of warning. They could just skipped that part and send a court summon.

Giving me a warning that you're considering stabbing me doesn't make me dread the potential stabbing any less... especially at 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads