• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lost "Born to Run" 05/11

Rotogar

First Post
Shallown said:
Yeah I am seeing Kate's dad as the person she killed becuase of what he did to her. But the like to twist things so we'll see.

I would love it to ber her father because we are really getting a daddy-issue theme going!

Jack is on the island *because* of his father!
As are Sun & Jin. (Her father). But there were issues with his father as well.
Sawyer's father killed his mother and himself.
Locke was (I would bet) in the wheelchair due to his father.
Michael *is* a father just trying to get in touch with his son.
And maybe more... these are just off the top of my head!

Lon

John Cooper

Explorer
Also, Claire's boyfriend in Australia didn't want the responsibility of being a father. And now Charlie's doing his best to be a "father stand-in" for, uh, "Turniphead." (Did you notice how he put a protective arm around Claire and the baby when they found out that Kate was a wanted fugitive? Kind of interesting, considering he put six bullets into Ethan's chest just a few weeks ago!)

KaosDevice

Explorer
John Cooper said:
Also, Claire's boyfriend in Australia didn't want the responsibility of being a father. And now Charlie's doing his best to be a "father stand-in" for, uh, "Turniphead." (Did you notice how he put a protective arm around Claire and the baby when they found out that Kate was a wanted fugitive? Kind of interesting, considering he put six bullets into Ethan's chest just a few weeks ago!)

Yeah, but Claire seems to be going along with it. Which I find interesting. Plus the title of Charlies's song, "A monster pulled him from the cockpit", what a halarious reference to the pilot episode (no pun intended).

The_lurkeR

First Post
I thought of a few questions today, and wanted to know if anyone had answers or opinions.

1) Who sent the letter and the money to Kate? It doesn't seem to have been her mother or the doctor, since he seemed surprised to see her correct? Did I miss something?

2) It doesnt' seem like Kate grabbed the plane on the way out of the car. So how did it get in the bank vault in an envelope? Does anyone remember what the marking on the envelope was? I wouldn't think that the police would store evidence in a bank. Also who else would know the significance of the plane and therefore store it in a bank? Since it was buried by him as a young child, who else would know about it?

fba827

Adventurer
about walt's powers

fett527 said:
Whatever his powers are they are not just touch. It was true that he didn't get anything from Locke until he touched him, but he made a bird fly into a window in an earlier flashback. He certainly didn't touch the bird.

Well, watching the earlier walt episode on tivo the other day ...

I am pretty sure that the bird that flew in to the glass door was in fact the same type of bird that he was trying to show his father in the magazine. but he wasn't getting any attention and that is only when the bird appeared (splat)

incidently, notice that it was walt looking at the comic, flipped to a page with a polar bear right before the polar bear appeared? :D

so his abilities have something to do with manifestation that does not require touch. and then this other midreading thing is probably not necessarily range: touch ( :D ) but perhaps the touch makes it easier? We'll have to see it in practice more to get a better idea ...

Steverooo

First Post
How Long?

I'm wondering (again) just how long Kate & Sawyer have known each other... Many episodes ago, when Kate falls on top of him, while wrestling for something, he laughs and says "Well come on, I've been waiting for this for (four?) years!", or somesuch. This episode, he tells her that there's nothing on this island worth staying for...

It's quite possible that they were both under arrest is Australia, and in jail together. We know Sawyer was in jail, there (presumably for the guy he shot), and we know that Kate was taken into custody, there, and being brought back on the plane (although we still don't know why she was in Australia), so they could have met in jail, after he was booked when Boone was there trying to get Shannon's boyfriend arrested... but I get the idea that he's known her for a lot longer...

After his Dad shot his Mom (and himself), "Sawyer" (who was going by his real name, back then) had to go somewhere, either out on his own, or into an orphanage/foster home. He probably wound up in Juvie, and that's probably where they met. If not, then in his foster home. "Sawyer" might even be the one who taught Kate where to get license plates, and how to switch them! We'll have to wait and see...

Anyway, I get the distinct impression that Kate & "Sawyer" have been around each other since they were kids. I could be wrong, but... I doubt it! :eek:

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
The_lurkeR said:
I thought of a few questions today, and wanted to know if anyone had answers or opinions.

1) Who sent the letter and the money to Kate? It doesn't seem to have been her mother or the doctor, since he seemed surprised to see her correct? Did I miss something?

2) It doesnt' seem like Kate grabbed the plane on the way out of the car. So how did it get in the bank vault in an envelope? Does anyone remember what the marking on the envelope was? I wouldn't think that the police would store evidence in a bank. Also who else would know the significance of the plane and therefore store it in a bank? Since it was buried by him as a young child, who else would know about it?
I figure it got in the safe deposit box by family member, more than likly his wife as I think that was the name she was using during the robbery. The plane could have been known about by another family member, mom, dad, etc. or even from the tape which was also left in the car as far as we know. Why, for his child when he got older.

As far as the letter or money, she could have a sister or a brother.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Steverooo said:
I'm wondering (again) just how long Kate & Sawyer have known each other... Many episodes ago, when Kate falls on top of him, while wrestling for something, he laughs and says "Well come on, I've been waiting for this for (four?) years!", or somesuch. This episode, he tells her that there's nothing on this island worth staying for...
I think that was more of a male fantasy he was waiting for...grab, tied up, thrown down, and have a woman on top of you... :eek:

fett527

First Post
fba827 said:
Well, watching the earlier walt episode on tivo the other day ...

I am pretty sure that the bird that flew in to the glass door was in fact the same type of bird that he was trying to show his father in the magazine. but he wasn't getting any attention and that is only when the bird appeared (splat)

incidently, notice that it was walt looking at the comic, flipped to a page with a polar bear right before the polar bear appeared? :D

so his abilities have something to do with manifestation that does not require touch. and then this other midreading thing is probably not necessarily range: touch ( :D ) but perhaps the touch makes it easier? We'll have to see it in practice more to get a better idea ...

Yes, these items have been pointed out and discussed in previous threads. The bird was shown to flow into the door as Walt getting attention when he wanted it. And much has been said of the comic book and polar bear appearance.

I was just trying to point out that whatever Walt can do, it is not limited to touch.

Remove ads