• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lost: learn anything new?

Crothian

First Post
Cthulhudrew said:
Even if you went via Canada? Or (as Ewan McGregor did, although in reverse order), through Alaska, over the Bering Sea, across Asia and Europe, on motorcycle?

(In case I'm being obtuse, I'm just saying that I think Whizbang's analogy is perfectly apt. Just because the writers are taking a different- and unexpected, even to them- route than most people would think of, doesn't invalidate the analogy.)

In the end though, the trip will make sense in the trip analogy. It is a TV show so there is not going be a direct and short path, they have to make it last. I don't have a lot of faith based on what they have shown that it will make sense or that they know how to connect the dots. I think that might be the difference here.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Crothian said:
I don't like the anology because it is easy for most people to imagine who one goes from LA to New York. I think it is more like they are starting at the number two and ending at the color blue. They don't seem to have a good idea how to do that, but they are trying.
They've said repeatedly they have an "in case of cancellation, break glass" plan with six episodes that will wrap everything up more or less. Honestly, that's all the end point I need.

If someone wants every step of the story to fit into one unbroken chain where A leads to B leads to C all the way to Z, it's probably not the show for you. Along the way, the writers are going to have fun telling wacky stories about invisible people talking to Hurley and so on. The metaplot is just a framework for all the other stories, IMO.

Crothian

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
If someone wants every step of the story to fit into one unbroken chain where A leads to B leads to C all the way to Z, it's probably not the show for you. Along the way, the writers are going to have fun telling wacky stories about invisible people talking to Hurley and so on. The metaplot is just a framework for all the other stories, IMO.

I agree. At first I thiought that was what they were going to do but I realized they weren't so I had to alter the way I watch the show. It's why I didn't follow the goings on this summer and just waited to read what was revealed and see if it actually ends up mattering. I like the show, I just don't have a lot of faith in the show. Part of the fun for me is the silliness, the things that neve pan out, and treating it like a B movie that MST3K is making fun of. :lol:

KaosDevice

Explorer
Whizbang Dustyboots said:

I'm with you on this one as well as the road trip anology. I lke the fact that they are leaving themselves some room to move around and leave the viewer geussing.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Cthulhudrew said:
Or better yet- Bob Newhart wakes up in bed, complaining of a bad dream about people trapped on an island, and turns to look at his bed companion- who is Jorge Garcia!!!
Didn't Jorge Garcia starred in Becker for one season?

Last edited:

Taelorn76

First Post
Crothian said:
I don't like the anology because it is easy for most people to imagine who one goes from LA to New York. I think it is more like they are starting at the number two and ending at the color blue. They don't seem to have a good idea how to do that, but they are trying.

I see you are picking up right where youleft off last season. ;) Glad to have you here to voice the negatives of the show.

Crothian

First Post
Taelorn76 said:
I see you are picking up right where youleft off last season. ;) Glad to have you here to voice the negatives of the show.

Not negative, just clear as mud. And last season as some people requested I lightened up on the negatives. :cool:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
KaosDevice said:
Yup, he was in Becker for the last season in fact. They swapped him out for the blind guy.
Actually, they were there at the same time. In the final episode, Jake went off to Chicago to go to college with his inheritance and put ... Jorge's character whose name I cannot remember in charge of the newsstand.

Yes, I was without cable for a while and watched a whole lot of Becker reruns.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads